Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dutch Doomer

Evil Unleashed II

FDA. Good stuff, not sure what else to say. Usual great DD quality. :) Well, one complaint would be that some details (like red lamps in the second room, for example) can't be seen without mouselook, but it's a very minor thing.

I gave this a 5/5 for the following reasons.

Design: Everything is fits together and follows a consistent mapping style

Texturing: Textures were spot on aside from a few missing upper unpegged here and there.

Gameplay: It was fun to play, and the the layout is very well interconnected.

I'd say overall this is a pretty good map and I think it really goes to prove you don't need fancy lights, ZDoom features and a sea of double sided lines to make something reasonably detailed and interesting.

Memfis said:

FDA. Good stuff, not sure what else to say. Usual great DD quality. :) Well, one complaint would be that some details (like red lamps in the second room, for example) can't be seen without mouselook, but it's a very minor thing.

Thanks glad you liked it. Some details can't be seen without mouselook, which is okay I guess. I don't know how to play that demo, you use Prboom for that?

Yes, just drag the wad and the demo on prboom.exe and it should play... Or you can make a *.bat file with something like
prboom.exe -iwad doom -file dd_evil2.wad -playdemo dd_evil2_mem_FDA
and run it.

First read the thread title as Evil Dead II, heh.

Anyways, this looks interesting and shall give it a go perhaps. I do like mixtures of techbase and outdoor rocks and stuff.

Killer map Dutch! I remember enjoying the first one but I loved this one even more. If you ever make an Evil Unleashed 3 (set in hell?) perhaps you can merge all the wads together so we can play them in sequence? This is more an idea than a request or anything though. :P

DeathevokatioN said:

Killer map Dutch! I remember enjoying the first one but I loved this one even more. If you ever make an Evil Unleashed 3 (set in hell?) perhaps you can merge all the wads together so we can play them in sequence? This is more an idea than a request or anything though. :P

Thanks, I think there's a good chance there there will be a third map in the future. Might do a hell map and have the player travel back from hell to a tech base. We'll see, Guild Wars 2 is out so uh, I found a new addiction for a while :)

Thanks guys for playing, glad you liked it.

Awesome map Dutch! Looks and plays great, no big surprise there :). I had some down time so I recorded a demo for ya too:

http://mekworx.the-powerhouse.net/mekastuff/wads/mek-eu2-fda.lmp

If I had to complain about something, the only thing that was kind of bothersome were the inset computer decorations not being impassible. They didn't really give me any problems, however, but there is potential for player's to get snagged on them. But that's a minor thing :P.

Hope you enjoy the demo!

Thanks Mech, nice demo. I guess making them impassible would have been better. There are some minor things that could have been better like ammo/weapon placement. The small silver door looked confusing to you as well.

Looks like the soulsphere secret is pretty difficult to find. Its easier than you guys think :p Nice to see you guys have a different way of playing the map. I sort of expected that people would complain about the impassible windows. They could have used a grating texture, but I wanted to work with what was availble.