Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Slade

oldschl1.wad (vanilla d2)

Couldn't download it. SpeedyShare kept telling me I had to get an account. Even MediaFire isn't that annoying.

I liked it. Is it intentional that a door requires a blue/red key only from one side? Monsters can open that door for you.

Bravo! Thrilling and meticulously balanced. The layout was original and fluid, and not once did I feel I was simply going through the motions. Legitimate old school PWAD vibe as well, rather than simply trying to pass off ugly texturing as "classic". Great stuff, do want more.

Thanks for the comments.
@Memfis Nice demo, you even found the secret exit! Also props for getting the potions.
@Xaser -skill 3 :)
@vdgg Yes, there is a shortcut to the blue room(blue key not needed).
There are only 2 sectors marked as secret, both of them are secret passages rather than areas, but there are plenty of other hidden stuff
(did this for demo recording reasons).

Well done! I like the connectivity that allows you to access areas from different points and open some parts as you go, somewhat like in a deathmatch level. Good monster placement, too. Here's an FDA, recorded with vanilla. It's longtics, so you'll have to apply the "v1.91" hack to view it with vanilla itself, or use Chocolate/PrBoom+.

oldschl1_myk.zip