Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tristan

The End is Near! Apparently..

Even back in the 1990ies almost every day in downtown Toronto right in front of the Eaton Center there was at least 1 person shouting and preaching stuff about Jesus bringing salvation to all who admit guilt and yadda yadda yadda.
I don't pass by that area very often nowadays, but I'm sure that those people are still doing it even to this very day, and perhaps with more intensity.
Personally, I think they need to chill out and enjoy their own lives while they still can, if they truly are that doomed.

I used to pass by Eaton Center quite a bit, but I stopped after the recent shootings and man pissing on hobo thing. The area's littered with random preachers and believers, and it honestly amazes me why tourists would bother going there to look at the water fountain in front of the entrace.

/offtopic

Here's the Wired topic:

http://www.wired.com/wiredscience/2012/08/ff_apocalypsenot/

GreyGhost said:

I'm hoping it's demonic invasion since I'm sort of prepared to deal with that.

Shotgun and chainsaw at the ready? Pray tell.

My friend is a clay pigeon shooter. That'll be my shotguns sorted then.
Anyone know how to build plasma rifle?

Meh, I've lost count of how many times I've survived the end of the world. It would be a nice change for one of these apocalyptic scenarios to come true. However, I suspect 21 Dec 2012 will just be another day - like all the other apocalypses I've lived through.

Basically the Aztecs/Mayans were wiped out by the Spanish before the calender could be updated/completed so it is all a misunderstanding.

Funny how for most of their lives, almost no one has given the Mayan's a second thought (or even heard of them) and now, suddenly, this extinct race are the authority on the end of the world.

Avoozl said:

so it is all a misunderstanding.

And the end of the calender isn't supposed to signal the end of the world anyway. So that's a misunderstanding too.

I expect to see you all, posting here as usual, on the 22nd of December.

Avoozl said:

There's those people who believe in luck of matching date numbers so they will obviously think 12/12/12 is a lucky day.

I want my 13/13/13 or 20/12/2012!

ducon said:

I want my 13/13/13 or 20/12/2012!

20/12/2012 is perfectly possible with a DD/MM/YYYY format. It's just the Americans who'll be confused.

(DD MM YYYY and YYYY MM DD are the only logical formats. Big endian or little endian each have their advantages and drawback, but at least they are consistent. Mixed endian like MM DD YYYY, on the other hand, makes no sense.)

My Swedish calendar ends every year around new year. Then i go and get another for the next year. By the logic used my people predficting the end of the world based on a calendar ending. The world should end every year. At least once.

Enjay said:

And the end of the calender isn't supposed to signal the end of the world anyway. So that's a misunderstanding too.

That's what I mean anyway. :P

Andromeda-Milky Way galaxy collision is the only one (other than the guaranteed death of the sun) which seems plausible. And both are around 4-5 billion years off.

December 21st will be the epic return of the Nazi Party led by Adolf Hitler who has actually been in hiding since 1945.

This returning party will be aided by an army that consist of blue boys, mecha suits, and armies of evil German Shepherds.

Dayum, I knew that I'd lived through quite a few apocalypses but according to the wikipedia page, I've survived around 70! O_O

Actually as I recall, it was actually pretty poor as films go. I just enjoyed watching stuff blowing up and falling over :P
That's what I meant actually in the earlier post.

Eris Falling said:

Actually as I recall, it was actually pretty poor as films go. I just enjoyed watching stuff blowing up and falling over :P
That's what I meant actually in the earlier post.

Even those scenes were bad.

I remember poor continuity/scripting in one part, where the plane hit a structure and someone yelled: WAS THAT THE EIFFEL TOWER?

You were in the States a few minutes ago. And there was no scene jump. What do you think newb?

Clonehunter said:

December 21st will be the epic return of the Nazi Party led by Adolf Hitler who has actually been in hiding since 1945.
This returning party will be aided by an army that consist of blue boys, mecha suits, and armies of evil German Shepherds.

...And he will proudly reveal the mystery of how he achieved immortality by finding the Holy Grail and drinking from it. :p
But then the Borg will arrive and the Nazis would unintentionally find themselves on our side, fighting to save their Arien skins from the nanite probes. 0_o

Enjay said:

Dayum, I knew that I'd lived through quite a few apocalypses but according to the wikipedia page, I've survived around 70! O_O

Same here, I wasn't aware of most of those predictions. Though let's not forget - the doomsayers only have to get it right once. ;)

The chances of that is like winning the lottery a few times in succession with one set of numbers.

The end is near. Max Keiser predicted about 6 months from now until road warrior economic collapse and war which will probably be nuclear. The elites are prepared with secret underground bases. But their entire lifestyle is parasitic so after they kill us all off they won't be able to survive without a host, ha ha ha ha ha! That'll be good though, NO humans on earth, finally peace. I don't know what all this mayan calendar BS is, maybe information warfare purposely timed to coincide with the real crisis, just to increase the chaos. That movie 2012 was such mainstream shit, like everything else that is allowed to exist, since a stick has been placed in the spokes of natural selection and sturgeon's law has changed to 100% of everything is crap. I think people's rating of that movie is proportional to the flouride levels from the poisoned tap water in their bodies. Actually, maybe 2012 doomsday is just a bunch of corporate created viral advertising for that movie so they can profit from death and destruction like usual.

Maybe...all that happens on 21/12/12 is just the formation of the UAC. And it will be completely fine, until 2104, when they find a box.

As for the film, there are worse ones out there. Bear that in mind. Also the idea of the 2012 phenomenon has been around for a VERY long time, as the day marks the end of a 5,125-year cycle in the Mesoamerican Long Count calendar.