Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Herculine

Slade3 vs. Google Chrome

If I have Google Chrome running and try to launch Slade3 v.3.0.2 I get this error message:

Runtime Error!
R6030
-CRT not initialized

The obvious solution I've found is to wait until after Slade3 is running to launch Chrome to look at the wiki, but I'm just curious if anyone else has had this problem or knows of a more technical permanent solution.

Herculine said:

If I have Google Chrome running and try to launch Slade3 v.3.0.2 I get this error message:

Runtime Error!
R6030
-CRT not initialized

The obvious solution I've found is to wait until after Slade3 is running to launch Chrome to look at the wiki, but I'm just curious if anyone else has had this problem or knows of a more technical permanent solution.

It's not happening for me with the same version of Slade3. Are you running any Chrome addons?

kmxexii said:

It's not happening for me with the same version of Slade3. Are you running any Chrome addons?

Several, actually. I'd bet that's where the trouble is since you don't have the same issue, suggesting that it's not something inherent in either program. Thanks for the idea.

As I said though, it's not something debilitating and if I remember to start the editor before the browser everything's cool.

One suggestion I've read which might make the problem go away is an uninstall/reinstall of the Visual C++ 2005 runtime package.

GreyGhost said:

One suggestion I've read which might make the problem go away is an uninstall/reinstall of the Visual C++ 2005 runtime package.

Also a likely suspect then; in the course of gaming I've accumulated several different versions of that monstrosity. I'll definitely try your suggestion with the 2005 package. Thanks!

Gez said:

If you're not using an SVN build, it's the VC++ 2010 package that's involved.

I tried using an SVN build once but had issues with sound file playback so I returned to the base version.

Right now my PC has two different versions of the VC++ 2005 package and four different versions of the VC++ 2010 package installed. This is something that I've been meaning to deal with for some time now but have procrastinated because it sounds like a royal pain.

Thanks for the info.