cocoa.

It could be
detailed, but
how big is it?

What exactly
are you looking
for? Map submissions?

Eris Falling said:

No more than 1MB? How detailed do you want it exactly?

Well forget what 1MB, what I want is that not a
single one that is MegaWad this Super Detailed map
for ideas for a map, something like winning the
CacoWard HedRox 2005.

The cacowards usually give something to a single level wad every now and again, I can't really remember off the top of my head but it's a good place to start.

TimeOfDeath said:

Check out the cacowards. Detail is mandatory, gameplay is not.

ha ha ha, yeah.

Some maps by kyka, but I don't feel like finding their titles or any links, plus I don't even think he goes by the name kyka anymore, SO GOOD LUCK FINDING THEM BITCH!

TimeOfDeath said:

Check out the cacowards. Detail is mandatory, gameplay is not.

yeah dude fuck those wads like reverie and jenesis that are so hyper-detailed and have zero gameplay merit!!!!!

I think they're detailed and their visuals are put together competently and cleanly. That automatically gives a wad a checkmark in the most important judging aspect of the Cacowards. :)

And that's not surprising. I mean, people who write Cacowards probably don't play Doom very often. Or at least it seems so from their forum activity, for example. So they can't really judge gameplay and have to either rely on other opinions or just quickly run around the maps with IDCLIP and judge wads by their looks.

Why can't cacowards be written by people who actually play doom then? What's the logic? BTW, I thought there was a notable quality drop in cacowards last year.

same. looking at the last cacowards i guess i'd sub a few entries with some other that i personally liked more, but i'm seriously not seeing that wellspring of joyous gameplay that's unfairly overlooked...

It was actually the writing style that put me off the most, not choices, for the most part. They seem like rookie idgames reviews rather than cacowards. Vanguard had one of the most memorable gameplays since very long ago, and not even a trace of highlight for it. Same for lunatic - sure, it starts with how gorgeous it is, but the gameplay of it highly surpasses the said gorgeousness. Why totally neglect how something plays like and just blabber about looks? It seems ignorant to me.