Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
The Green Herring

Community Chest Series Demos [-complevel 9]

Holy hell, I recorded the demo with the 09/09 version. Goddamnit, I'll have to redo it, once again D: This was a very rare situation of a long demo, in which basically everything went right.

Well, down here is a demo of Community Chest 4 MAP29 UV-Max in 11:51 if anyone wants to see. I'll try this map again tomorrow...

c429-1151.zip

DooMer 4ever said:

1ntru, are you sure you used the latest version? The demo desyncs for me for some reason. Or does anyone else have a problem with playback?

desyncs here too :(

Community Chest 4 MAP29 UV-Speed in 0:59

I was thinking of a way of doing this level in a speedy way, and found out this trick by accident. Turns out it was probably intended, and it changes the level completely! I don't recall seeing something like this in any Doom level.

c429-059.zip

1ntru said:

I don't recall seeing something like this in any Doom level.

what do you mean by "this"? anyways, cool route and cool run!

I once did this trick in multiplayer but I died and caused a lot of trouble for the other players, hehe. You don't need rocketjump btw, SR50 with correct angle is enough. (at least that's how I did it in ZDaemon)

dew said:

what do you mean by "this"? anyways, cool route and cool run!

dew, if you cross that line (Just after I do the rocket jump) before you get the red key, the whole map becomes really dark, you get the yellow and Blue Keys, as well as a bfg and a huge supply of cells. On the other hand, about 24 arch-viles will spawn on that area, which is why the trick isn"t that useful for a Max run. Though, if you cross that line after you already have the red key, you won't get any Items, map won"t become dark and All arch-viles will be crushed. Really tricky, isn't it?

I have absolutely no idea how to map, so I came to all these conclusions by casual playthrough.

Memfis, I have also done that trick with SR50, but I think it is way easier to do if you rocket jump. I also have a NM-speed for this map now, but it is very slow and it sucks. Maybe someone else might get inspired by my UV speed and do it? :)

On CC4 MAP21 is it normal if arch-viles attack me here?

IIRC lupinx said that this isn't supposed to happen... I think this part is going to make me hate the whole map.

After some encourages from Nevan, I decided to try this map again, hoping for a better result. I finally think of a way of finishing this map faster, and the results can be seen here.

Cchest 4 Map12 Max 10:49

Dear Andy: The previous 11:56 run can be ignored, no need to upload to DSDA. Thanks

cc4-12-1049.zip

community chest 4
map13 uvmax 05:37*

Tried to get a bit faster, but had right now 3 exit slower than this, so cant be *that* bad after all
added a funny ending movie in 05:52 (I had no zerk pack that time, but i didnt remember :p)

c413-537.zip

zahid, please avoid using spaces in archive names, use underscores instead (cc4_23.zip according to your naming convention). the forum software glitches on spaces.

dew said:

zahid, please avoid using spaces in archive names, use underscores instead (cc4_23.zip according to your naming convention). the forum software glitches on spaces.

Sure.....
i was too noticing others name kind of technical and mine simpler...
Thanks for info....:)

community chest 4
map09 uvmax 07:52**

I understimated how tricky some of the AV are here; I had some better ideas to handle the part around the yellowkey, but something always went bad then with one of the archviles :)

c409-752.zip

Nice one! Trying to strike back... I think some time can be saved by using that barrel near the green armor.

Make sure your map occupies MAP29 slot and you have 1ntru's attention. Make sure your map occupies MAP01 slot and you have Memfis' attention :)