Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Technician

Innocence of Muslims

Afghanistan suicide blast kills 12 in attack on Kabul airport contractors

A suicide bomber has blown up a minibus carrying foreign nationals, most of them South African, as it pulled in to refuel at a Kabul petrol station, killing 12 people including a child, and injuring a further 11.

The death count is now over thirty.

Also,

Four injured after bomb explodes at kosher grocery store near Paris: report

PARIS — A French news agency is reporting that four people were injured when a small package bomb exploded inside a kosher grocery store in a Paris suburb.

The Sipa news agency says that the small explosion was set off by two hooded people dressed in black who entered the store around midday and put a package inside, citing an unnamed police official and a Jewish organization. The two fled after throwing a rock through the shop’s window shortly before the explosion, the police official said. He spoke on condition of anonymity because he was not allowed to speak publicly about the investigation.

The official said the injured people are being treated for wounds to their arms and legs from the explosion and broken glass.

The attack took place in Sarcelles, a suburb about 20 kilometres (12 miles) north of Paris.

A French Jewish umbrella organization, CRIF, said in a statement that “it fears this attack” is connected to the days of violent protests from Asia to Africa against the U.S.-produced film “Innocence of Muslims,” which ridicules Prophet Mohammad.

The intent of the bomb is not yet known.

gggmork said:

A completely shitty video with magic undeserved viral marketing memetic backing, hmm, wonder if the government was involved in creating it. I wonder if the creator of the video will be found masturbating in public like the creator of kony 2012. We're all allowed to post videos on "you"tube but don't know each one updates your utah supercomputer profile as to whether you are pro-establishment and a number indicating order to be dragged off via the NDAA. You thought you were searching google but google was searching you. Also I know the government is spying on me through my monitor. They have endless videos of me eating my boogers and plan to blackmail with them I suspect, WELL IT WON'T WORK because I will post those videos MYSELF! Yes, I eat my boogers OK???
disclaimer: All of my posts are fictional, any basis in reality is coincidental.

My conspiracy alarm went off too. How convenient that our new friends in Libya would attack the US consulate on the day the ambassador happens to be there.

I'd say it's no coincidence that the consulate was attacked on the eleventh, al-Qaeda probably had contingency plans in place and links to remnants of the Gaddafi regime. Raising public awareness of the video would practically guarantee an angry crowd on the streets that their operatives could hide in while approaching the consulate.

Maes said:

That's a relatively recent re-emergence, but I don't see them getting Islam-like power anytime soon, not even in the most ass-backwards backwaters of the U.S. of A. As soon as they start interfering too much with Big Business and Capital, they will be sent right back where they belong, so if they are to even become mainstream, they'll have to keep a low profile.

They didn't come down in the last shower, the Christian right has been flexing its political muscles since helping Jimmy Carter win the Democrat nomination back in the 70s and the Dominionist movement see nothing wrong with laissez-faire capitalism, so they're unlikely to upset Big Business.

GreyGhost said:

They didn't come down in the last shower, the Christian right has been flexing its political muscles since helping Jimmy Carter win the Democrat nomination back in the 70s and the Dominionist movement see nothing wrong with laissez-faire capitalism, so they're unlikely to upset Big Business.

Depends. If their rhethoric in some fields such as genetics starts interfering with the possibility to do research in the USA, these are the possible outcomes:

• If said research is done by the gov't and is considered strategic (e.g. biological weapons) then they'll suck it down and STFU.
  • If it's done by private companies, they might get some harassment, but otherwise be let to operate, as long as they can still find staff trained in genetics.
  • Did I mention staff? With genetics and evolution banned from education, kiss locally-educated staff goodbye, as the subject will be "taboo" and no schools will have even an intro to it, and higher education will be left few and far between. The only solution would be outsourcing or hiring foreign or foreign-educated stuff, with extra costs that Big Capital doesn't want. The Saudis do that because they want no "contamination", but is the US of A ready for something like that?
  • If they start pestering too much, they'll eventually be asked to STFU even by private venture, or private venture will bum its way out similarly to how the Military will do: "Strategic importance for the War Against Terror and to Preserve Our Way Of Living. Pwned".

Maes said:

Did I mention staff? With genetics and evolution banned from education, kiss locally-educated staff goodbye, as the subject will be "taboo" and no schools will have even an intro to it, and higher education will be left few and far between. The only solution would be outsourcing or hiring foreign or foreign-educated stuff, with extra costs that Big Capital doesn't want. The Saudis do that because they want no "contamination", but is the US of A ready for something like that?

The USA's universities and research labs are already filled with foreigners. It's cheaper than local students, because foreign students had their undergraduate education paid for by their own nations instead of foreign taxpayers.

It's a more fiscally responsible policy not to educate your own children so as to instead welcome the educated youth from abroad and cash in on their tuition checks.

(By "fiscally responsible", I mean "extremely shortsighted but who cares about the future"; which seems to be the definition employed by pundits and politicians nowadays.)

Maes reminds me that we should just leave these Muslims to rot in their own primitive society and focus on fighting our own devolution of reason and knowledge caused by money corrupt idiots.

Technician said:

Maes reminds me that we should just leave these Muslims to rot in their own primitive society

Wish we could, but that's yet another area where Muslims are confused and inconsistent, not knowing what they really want: on the one hand, they won't be happy with anything less than a worldwide Sharia.

On the other hand, a great deal of them live in places where Sharia is in full force, so in theory they should be happy as a lark, amirite?

Only that their "Islamic paradise" leaves most of them are poor, uneducated, and horny, in overpopulated countries that don't even let them have normal sexual relief (buttfucking each other is A-OK, but without marriage there's no actual nookie).

So what do they do instead? Wanna take a guess? Most can't fucking hack it so they pay $5000-$10000 to some human smuggler to take them to Greece Europe, with well known results: most end up living far worse than in their land of origin, living in illegal appartments 30-40 people at a time and still a lot of buttfucking going on (the "pakistani slipper" method). Guess why you almost never see female muslim immigrants...

Even funnier, assuming that they manage to settle down, work, and even raise a normal family....THEY DEMAND THAT THEIR HOST COUNTRY BENDS OVER BACKWARDS TO ACCOMODATE THEIR BELIEFS, the very same beliefs that had sent them RUNNING THE FUCK AWAY, trapping them in a cognitive infinite loop. It would be comical if it was not a very real tragedy.

Technician said:

Maes reminds me that we should just leave these Muslims to rot in their own primitive society and focus on fighting our own devolution of reason and knowledge caused by money corrupt idiots.

That sure would be possible if there were no such things such as planes, boats, radios, television, phones, THE FUCKING INTERNET, etc.

The world, however, is a tiny bit more complex than that.

Gez said:

That sure would be possible if there were no such things such as planes, boats, radios, television, phones, THE FUCKING INTERNET, etc.

That doesn't stop them from getting the wrong idea of what really expects them once they emigrate (illegally) to the West. Dunno what sort of "information" they have access to, but they think that the West is expecting them with open arms (and bent over).

Then reality kicks them in the ass, and they act butthurt when they end up washing windscreens, when it's their turn to be the "bitch of the week" in an appartment with other 30-40 miserables, and when angry local extremists attack them.

Somebody posted this (http://imgur.com/a/tlCyI) link earlier in this thread with protesters saying they disapprove of what happened.

While I think it's great there are sensible people there, something struck me as odd. Take a look at all the signs in English. It looks like they were written with a marker but they're all completely identical. How come?

I posted this.
Yes, the texts are identical (typos included), maybe because they suck at writing the latin alphabet as I will suck at writing in arabic, and maybe that they made them the fordian style. Or maybe it's a fake.

It's clearly the same sign in each of those shots. They just passed it around from person to person for the sake of the photographer and his English-speaking audience.

EvisceratoR said:

While I think it's great there are sensible people there, something struck me as odd. Take a look at all the signs in English. It looks like they were written with a marker but they're all completely identical. How come?

I don't think many of these people know how to speak English; most of them probably don't even know the Latin alphabet. One of them wrote a template, and they recopied it as well as they could. This explains why they all have the same mistake ("Eslam and profit"). Notice how the middle bars of the E has been crossed out to correct it into an I. Notice how this detail has been faithfully replicated by everybody, who naïvely assumed it was how the character was drawn rather than a mistake. (If I were copying by hand some text in Arabic, I'm sure I'd copy similar mistakes blindly too.)

Creaphis' hypothesis is also possible.

gggmork said:

I eat my boogers

There is one god Ron Paul and Alex Jones is his prophet.

Mossad is just at work again trying to make sure the US stays engaged in the Middle East so they don't have to go it alone in their belligerence against Iran.

Every time things start to settle down, some mysterious guy you've never heard of supposedly makes something really offensive which, despite being totally irrelevant in its supposed origin in the West, suddenly becomes widespread outrage throughout the Middle East. Kind of, like, as if some organization were actively bringing attention to such things for their own benefit - maybe even driving their original creation to begin with.

It's too bleeding fucking obvious.

ducon said:

Science flies you to the moon, religion into skyscrapers

What's sad about that image is how true it is :(

Quasar said:

maybe even driving their original creation to begin with.

Wasn't it the case with the Jyllands Posten cartoon? Some of those that were being circulated on Islam mailing lists as evidence that the Danish cartoonists went too far had never, in fact, been published by JP nor drawn by any of its cartoonists.

Quasar said:

Every time things start to settle down, some mysterious guy you've never heard of supposedly makes something really offensive which, despite being totally irrelevant in its supposed origin in the West, suddenly becomes widespread outrage throughout the Middle East.

That's the problem: it doesn't take much to offend Muslims, while the West requires literally being bitten in the ass before they do anything. It's like arguing that you don't like fighting, but the school bully goes out of his way every day to pick a fight with you. With the difference that you could destroy this particular bully if you really wanted.

Maes said:

That's the problem: it doesn't take much to offend Muslims, while the West requires literally being bitten in the ass before they do anything. It's like arguing that you don't like fighting, but the school bully goes out of his way every day to pick a fight with you. With the difference that you could destroy this particular bully if you really wanted.

HINT: these protests aren't because of the goddamn movie. It's part of a much larger "secular vs religious" debate that's been a part of the Muslim world for at least a century. It has little to do with the West, outside of maybe the West souring a country's views on secularism. Things like the initial surge in fighters in Afghanistan during the 70s were a direct result of secular authorities attempting to take power from smaller leaders that took their authority from religion.

Trying to paint a large conflict as "dumb and so goddamn crazy savages" is not a good idea, and usually inflames anti-Western views.

Even if you paint this particular incident as a pretext for going all batshit insane and butthurt on long-standing wrongs and injustices, that's still well within the scope of what I said: it takes literally nothing for them to explode, and in particular they take religion a bit too damn fucking seriously.

Not that these outbursts help anyone: the very first victims are usually Muslims themselves, and on the ground of their own countries. A movie gets shot in the USA (presumably), and some poor random-ass Rashid, Ali or Mustafa dies 10000 miles away on his own soil, without having anything to do with the movie at all. Explain that.

They are all stupid religiously-blind punks with their minds on the 10th century. Killing people that have nothing to do with the movie because of some troll who offended them is retarded.

Quasar said:

Mossad is just at work again trying to make sure the US stays engaged in the Middle East so they don't have to go it alone in their belligerence against Iran.

Every time things start to settle down, some mysterious guy you've never heard of supposedly makes something really offensive which, despite being totally irrelevant in its supposed origin in the West, suddenly becomes widespread outrage throughout the Middle East. Kind of, like, as if some organization were actively bringing attention to such things for their own benefit - maybe even driving their original creation to begin with.

It's too bleeding fucking obvious.

You Anti-Semite!

Maes said:

Depends. If their rhethoric in some fields such as genetics starts interfering with the possibility to do research in the USA. . .

If there's any weapons potential in the research, I'm sure they'll allow it so long as the end result is only used against God's enemies - much like the medieval christian attitude towards crossbows. As for who does the research - hire some unbelievers, their minds have already been polluted by impure thoughts (possibly beyond redemption) but they still have their uses.

Maes said:

the West requires literally being bitten in the ass before they do anything

You only need to threaten corporate profits. "Hey! This uppity nation is talking about breaking their contracts with Shell and re-nationalizing their oil wells. CIA, we have a job for you. Find the most brutal and corrupt wannabe-dictator in their army and organize a coup there so we can preserve the interests of the lobbyists who put us in power."

Muslims cannot stand insults to their Prophet; Westerners cannot stand insults to their Profit.

See also Mossadegh, Allende, and all the others since.

I think they've gone too far with the can't have pictures of Muhammed. It's become an unhealthy obsession. It's become their religion. It is the same as worshipping idols: the original idea is forgotten.

But then is the original idea good, seeing how it has lead people into this kind of shit? Or maybe it was, but it doesn't work anymore and they need a new idea.

It's no surprise why people wonder where is God.. people are no longer willing to hear his new thoughts or even understand his old thoughts, so he left. Just place yourself into a relationship where the other one doesn't listen to or understand you, how long are you going to stay in it?

This really is getting ridiculous. I commented on an article where the US has put out a public apology broadcasted in Pakistan. Sorry but seriously why should all of the western world have to apologise for the actions of a couple of people and frankly the reaction over this is absurd.
To put my over the top view across I put the analogy (sorry if some people don't get this). If a Liverpool supporter says to a Man United supporter that Alex Ferguson is a twat, the Man United supporter would subsequently nuke Liverpool reducing it to rubble.
It is a small low budget film which really should not have caused such a reaction (insert conspiracy theory here). Seriously some people in fact in this case religion should chill the hell out.