Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tango

Tango TV [BLOODSHEDDER IS THE MAN]

Thanks for sticking me on the list Tango!

I've listened through the whole thing now - I really enjoyed it! Definitely felt a moment of "Ah..." when The Lost Episode came up, as I knew I was going to get mentioned for my rather negative opinion of that. Definite nosedive in popularity on the ZDoom forums at that point :\ Good thing that time heals all wounds! (Sorry Xaser!)

Tango said:

perhaps alfonzo would be a good fit then? of course, anyone else interested is encouraged to give it a shot, but if both of you would be good with that then i think that'd be a good pairing.

Sure, that'd work. If a third person is interested in joining (Taaaangoooo) that'd work too.

esselfortium said:

I'd be interested in an interview at some point, too, as long as Tango and/or Alfonzo are doing it :P

YES

if alfonzo would like to join that'd be swell too. but i am definitely interviewing essel

skillsaw: welp. perhaps i will join in too then.

Listened to the Xaser interview last night. Interesting stuff. I'm not actually familiar with Xaser's work, but will have to check it out. The informal structure was fine by me. Specific questions are a good starting point, but there's value in not getting stuck just following them. Sometimes an answer will be given that begs for more discussion, and the approach used here allowed that to happen.

Got a question about the order of interviews. Think they should be done in the order of the earliest the interviewee can be interviewed, rather than being in a set order? That way, interviews could come out as quickly as possible, rather than the interviewees needing to wait on the other interviewees if the ones scheduled sooner can't interview any sooner than the later ones can. Of course, the interviewERs should take first priority when scheduling things, and perhaps they can put up times available for interviews that the interviewees can pick the earliest ones they can meet up at, and perhaps things could be reordered from there.

Sodaholic said:

Got a question about the order of interviews. Think they should be done in the order of the earliest the interviewee can be interviewed, rather than being in a set order?

I think that's how it's already set up, despite the listing. But yes, that should be the modus operandi.

Incidentally, and as promised, my available times for those interested are 17:00 to 19:30 EST. That's early morning for me, so you get my brighter and (dare I say) bubblier personality before the day drags me down into a dire disposition.

Available at these times on all days of the week, too! :)

Sodaholic said:

That way, interviews could come out as quickly as possible

i advise against this... give it time, you don't want this to be a two-week flood of 20 interviews. a steady flow of weekly chats would be much more digestible (and promotable).

dew said:

i advise against this... give it time, you don't want this to be a two-week flood of 20 interviews. a steady flow of weekly chats would be much more digestible (and promotable).

Oh for sure. Roughly a week, I think, is what's required to gather the necessary questions from the communtiy and such. I take Soda's suggestion only to mean that we interview whoever's available first.

st.alfonzo said:

Oh for sure. Roughly a week, I think, is what's required to gather the necessary questions from the communtiy and such.

Of course, I didn't mean like daily interviews or anything that frequent. About 4 days per interview should probably be minimum spacing.

st.alfonzo said:

I take Soda's suggestion only to mean that we interview whoever's available first.

Pretty much. I just don't want it to be like 3 or 4 weeks per interview, that'd be too slow and clunky.

yeah, i already set up an interview with snakes without any regard to what happens between now and then with the other interviews. and will do so with everyone else as soon as i get around to responding to pms heh

even if it did somehow get to the point where we were doing several interviews a week (which probably won't ever happen for several reasons), i'm not really obligated to release the interviews asap anyway :p so even if they pile up, my releasing them wouldn't happen nearly so quickly.

Timing and hype. Also, more people gathering to see the thread before the recording appears.

An irregular release schedule (a flood and then a gap) would be a bad thing. Banking up some interviews and then releasing them over time lets you cover for periods when you can't get together.

This was fairly interesting. I think it would be best to not switch interviewers. Stick with Tango and alfonz ;)

Make a show out of it. You can always talk about other things too, not just interviews. Maybe some WADs you want to mention, maybe even review or whatever.

darkreaver said:

This was fairly interesting. I think it would be best to not switch interviewers. Stick with Tango and alfonz ;)

Yeah, shouldn't Tango and/or Saint Alfonzo interview kristus and Khorus?

Sodaholic said:

Why hoard content? If it exists, what are the reasons behind not releasing it?

Basically what Capellan said. I have a huge bank of reviews on my site right now but I pace them out so that a) each WAD has some face time at the (near) top of the front page and b) if I can't keep up with reviews for a time, like taking an extended vacation, I have stuff waiting in the wings.

Im a very very new mapper, but you know, love attention lol. If you have no better choice (unlikely) then im your volunteer.

schmerr said:

Im a very very new mapper, but you know, love attention lol. If you have no better choice (unlikely) then im your volunteer.

if you've got a mic that doesn't suck balls and you're able to articulate and can answer some questions, we could probably set something :p

ps snakes and i have a dual-interview upcoming on sunday. so if you've got any questions for either/both of us, post em here

Yeah I have a question: I've got these deer that keep eating the garden plants and I've tried spraying, but it doesn't seem to help. Neither does a motion-activated ultrasound gadget. What else should I try?

yeah thanks for that man we'll think of a good response for that one before sunday

ps i should have some time tomorrow to transcribe interview 1 and upload it properly etc

Alert, captain! The Tango TV Interview radar has detected a sizeable interviewee heading straight towards us! Rejoice and brace for impact with the incongruent and masterful Jason "Hellbent" Root!

On this occasion the interview will be conducted by myself (for the solo spice), so if you have any questions you'd like to ask the man, please send them directly to me via PM!

so i just did another interview with snakes and things were going ok until apparently my mic got mostly unplugged near the end so i'm almost compltely inaudible towards the end. so. not quire sure what to do about that. sigh. i'll get this right one of these times, i swear!

anyway i made this for now, at least
http://tangotv.podbean.com/

Tango said:

so i just did another interview with snakes and things were going ok until apparently my mic got mostly unplugged near the end so i'm almost compltely inaudible towards the end. so. not quire sure what to do about that. sigh. i'll get this right one of these times, i swear!

It's okay, just say it's a homage to the first interview.

esselfortium said:

It's okay, just say it's a homage to the first interview.

i've never finishing map01 now

Aside from that, I had to scramble out the door before I could give an epic, inspirational closing speech. So yeah, not without its issues :(