Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Blastfrog

What do you think the Mancubus is saying?

My topics aren't that bad!! Seriously!!

Nah I'm not one to talk

BUT, perhaps, I always thought they were trying to say something, but their massive deformation prevented it from being audible.

Hell'd in...

Blue Shadow said:

This thread tells me that people are running out of things to talk about Doom-wise.

No not yet. We still haven't had a well discussed thread on the vocal patterns of the Icon of Sin.

Just what is that big bastard saying, I wonder.

"Grrrahh!"
"Om nom morrow."
"Mmm...what?"
"Good blimmin'!"

Clonehunter said:

No not yet. We still haven't had a well discussed thread on the vocal patterns of the Icon of Sin.

Just what is that big bastard saying, I wonder.

What's to discuss?

Spoiler

Play it backwards. That's apparently the standard way of hearing Satanic messages these days.

Foxpup said:

What's to discuss?

Spoiler

Play it backwards. That's apparently the standard way of hearing Satanic messages these days.

No its saying "shoot me in the brain and you're winner"

Sort of off topic, but does anyone have any idea how the monster noises and other sound effects were made? Like whether recorded and distorted voices and sounds from the real world were used in their creation, and which ones. Or did Bobby Prince use customised stock sound effects for everything?

It's an avenue of Doom's creation I've never seen discussed. Would be great to know whether the mancubus really is saying something.

I remember having a sense of deja vu when I heard the Imp's death sound: I realized later that it's the sound of the Camel unit dying on Age of Kings.

DoomUK said:

Sort of off topic, but does anyone have any idea how the monster noises and other sound effects were made? Like whether recorded and distorted voices and sounds from the real world were used in their creation, and which ones. Or did Bobby Prince use customised stock sound effects for everything?

It's an avenue of Doom's creation I've never seen discussed. Would be great to know whether the mancubus really is saying something.

I think he used stock sounds and then modified them in someway

DoomUK said:

Sort of off topic, but does anyone have any idea how the monster noises and other sound effects were made?

Most likely stock sounds. I recall watching a documentary concerning the Death of Superman comic book arc, and the introduction of the villain, Doomsday, coincided with the playing of what I recognized as one of the "sighted player" barks used by Doom's former humans.

I have never been able to un-hear "hungry vowel" as the fatass fires at me. HUNGRY VOWEL!

I do so love the pain sound, on both PC and PlayStation versions. S'awesome, yo.

To me it sounds like "mancubah" (with accent on the last syllable, not really sure about spelling though). I think that sound is some kind of reversed and slowed down pig squeal.

MrrCaliber said:

To me it sounds like "mancubah" (with accent on the last syllable, not really sure about spelling though). I think that sound is some kind of reversed and slowed down pig squeal.

I always loved that sound they make when they attack. Their war cry as they rain fire on our heads.

To me, it just seems like id were poking fun at morbidly obese people. It's like these guys can't help but groan and belch when attacking and being attacked and waking up. So, no, I don't think they're saying anything; just struggling under their bulk.