Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
LakiSoft

Ultimate Doom v1.9 to v2.0 Unofficial patch

hex11 said:

Anyway, there's no need to be in such a rush. You're not going to win a free pizza or something if you release this week. Learn the ropes, take your time, and also enjoy your journey (even if it takes you in a different direction).

Words of wisdom here. Make your ideal MAP01 or something; just very short and with only a gimmick or two. Get feedback, and learn. Either return to the map and improve it, or make a better MAP02 based on the feedback. It's not as bad as all that, in fact it's rather fun.

Big projects will come when you're good enough. And, trust me, your improved skills will make it something much more worthwhile.

LakiSoft said:

One day i losed everything and reinstalled Windows.

Backup your work files to a flash drive or external hard drive at regular intervals.

Plus i am also making an project using Oblige 3.57. . .

Please don't, I think most everyone here would rather see what you can create without taking shortcuts.

Every critical refer are welcome! But normal critical refer. You said "Ever heard of texture alignment?" THAT IS INSULTING ME! Anyway now i making map which will mixed of my, someone's else and oblige work! Try that then!

Actually it was a question. And your next work still has oblige work in it, which suggests you still aren't fully listening to us.

LakiSoft said:

Anyway now i making map which will mixed of my, someone's else and oblige work!

...please not be mine, please not be mine, plea...

LakiSoft said:

You said "Ever heard of texture alignment?" THAT IS INSULTING ME!

Actually, it's as simple as entering Doom Builder's visual mode, then pressing A and then SHIFT+A on any linedef you want to align the brick textures to. As for the door, make it 64 units wide and 72 tall, and you're there.

It's not insulting. If you were to answer the question with an honest "no", there are more than enough people on this forum who are ready and willing to offer pointers in the right direction.

ComicMischief said:

make it 64 units wide and 72 tall, and you're there.

Heck, you could even make it 128 wide and have a double door.

LakiSoft said:

Every critical refer are welcome! But normal critical refer. You said "Ever heard of texture alignment?" THAT IS INSULTING ME!

No, it's an insult to the creators of Doom and to everyone in this community for you to try passing this off as an Ultimate Doom update and as your original work. If you're not going to treat your audience with respect, don't expect any of them to care about your feelings.

Anyway now i making map which will mixed of my, someone's else and oblige work! Try that then!

No, no you're not. You're not going to post any more Oblige maps, and you're certainly not going to post any modified versions of other peoples' work.

LakiSoft said:

HOW MANY TIMES I HATE TI SAY HAT I FIXED THAT DOOR BUG AFTER I POSTED A GODDAMN PICTURE!!!?!?!?!?!?

Actually you just noticed this only two times... Here and on Doom Universe Forums (and the saying you to fix it was me LOL)
So don't be angry please...

LakiSoft said:

Every critical refer are welcome! But normal critical refer. You said "Ever heard of texture alignment?" THAT IS INSULTING ME! Anyway now i making map which will mixed of my, someone's else and oblige work! Try that then!

A door.
An ass.

The question you must ask yourself, taking every single other person out the picture is this. Are you really satisfied by simply creating oblige generated maps. I for one get the sense of enjoyment and satisfaction from making my own stuff without using shortcuts even if it's crap like some of my early wads were (maybe still are)
Just to lay out a marker, why don't you make a nice small simple map (probably vanilla format), lets see what you can do. Whatever the quality we will treat it with respect and give you pointers on how to improve as a map maker :)

esselfortium said:

No, it's an insult to the creators of Doom and to everyone in this community for you to try passing this off as an Ultimate Doom update and as your original work. If you're not going to treat your audience with respect, don't expect any of them to care about your feelings.

No, no you're not. You're not going to post any more Oblige maps, and you're certainly not going to post any modified versions of other peoples' work.

My maps mixed with Oblige ones. It will have more mine than Oblige ones. Someone's else i will take down. Only mine and Oblige ones mixed in one map. I am working on it right now!

LakiSoft said:

My maps mixed with Oblige ones. It will have more mine than Oblige ones. Someone's else i will take down. Only mine and Oblige ones mixed in one map. I am working on it right now!

I'm not sure why you're under the impression that people are going to be lining up to catch a brief glimpse of your work even if it's buried under obvious filler.

If you can't just release a map and cut the bullshit, don't act surprised when your next thread looks an awful lot like this one.

I never knew what it was like to piss upwind in a hurricane, until this thread.

Yes, we'd love to see new stuff and a newbie hone their craft. No, Oblige levels won't cut the mustard.

I was going to say something sensible, but I forgot what it was. Please tell me that all is just some sort of an inside joke I don't understand.

Dynamo said:

you should try using slige

Don't give him ideas please. I beg of you! Seriously though joke's aside. Mapping takes practice just seriously do yourself a favour and download a map editor. As Hex quite rightly pointed out there is no rush too release a project. There are tutorials out there which can help you and the doom community can offer advice on how to improve and to also offer tips and advice if you are having trouble with mapping. There is no shame in taking time but there is in using a random map generator and it is frowned upon.

Dynamo said:

you should try using slige

WTF?! SLIGE IS GAY! OBLIGE RULZ!

EDIT: I said i am doing my own WAD right now in DB1 !

EDIT: I said i am doing my own WAD right now in DB1 !

Where?

Ok, i will send that message ti Andrew Apted and let what he will say for you! ;)

Do that then. The guy has effectively allowed people to cheat at building levels, showing none of their own talent.

Did you just ignore most of the posts people posted in here.
Instead of thinking of making "MASSIVE RESOURCE PROJECT", maybe you should focus on just one map you improve on, then get feedback.

Eris Falling said:

Do that then. The guy has effectively allowed people to cheat at building levels, showing none of their own talent.

I wouldn't blame Andrew for the behavior of people like LakiSoft, who would likely just be plagiarizing other peoples' maps if random level generators didn't exist.

I don't get why people are trying to give advice to this guy. He's obviously either:

A: a troll

B: a seven year old

C: a seven year old troll (most likely)

Processingcontrol said:

I don't get why people are trying to give advice to this guy. He's obviously either:

A: a troll

B: a seven year old

C: a seven year old troll (most likely)

I'm going with C for this one. My maps aren't that good, but I would even prefer those over maps generated by Oblige. Samething goes for maps by other authors that at least try to make something interesting.

I love how I spend several months making a project then releasing a beta for it and get no comments, yet this guy spends 5 minutes generating a oblige megawad and gets tons of comments..... I am truly shocked!!

Alwaysdoomed said:

I love how I spend several months making a project then releasing a beta for it and get no comments, yet this guy spends 5 minutes generating a oblige megawad and gets tons of comments..... I am truly shocked!!

Bear in mind that it's not POSITIVE comments. :-) Besides, these sort of things are like a bleeding wound in shark-infested waters.

On a side note, can someone IP check this guy?