Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Purp

Where is this pic from?

Can sum1 pls tell me wot the picture of the rabbit's head on the spikey thing from? It sumtimes appears at the top of the screen on Doomworld and i wondered if its in final doom, cos i'v hardly ever played that?

Next time you see it, right click mouse and select properties, copy the http address to here so we can see which one it is

lol, the rabbits name is daisy, beat the spidermastermind in doom1 (e3m8) and after the story is done there's gonna be a pic that's scrolling and you'll see a big version of it.

That's actually (Doom marine's true name from the Doom Bible)Flynn Targgart's dead pet after millions of battles.

uh, not quite sure, i aint the most definitly correct person to ask with :J

1] Indeed the rabbit appears after you've defeated the Spidermastermind at the end of Doom.
2] I don't think the Doom hero has an actual name.

Uh, it appears when you beat E4 in Ultimate DooM. I think.

According to the Doom Novels his name is Flynn Taggard. I don't believe that originated from the doom bible though.

Naw, rabbit's heads on sticks make really good decoration for a field of battle!

why send it to general? it'll die either way, might as well do it right and post hell it.

Seemed a fair question, just not a m/player question :)http://www.loonygames.com/content/1.16/feat/

That first meeting with the Spectre, that little pink demon wearing the mostly invisible predator-style jumpsuit. That first encounter had you spinning around like a demented top, desperately trying to find where that sniper was hidden only to find he was actually staring you in the crotch! And who can forget that final game completion screen with the message explaining that you had arrived safely back on Earth at long last. Then the camera pans slowly to the left revealing buildings on fire in the background and that infamous rabbit head on a pike in the foreground. A gratuitous setup for Doom 2, of course, but it was definitely one of those goose bump moments

Heh. yeah. Its straight from the final screen on the third episode. I can't believe you've never seen it before.

Whoa, just as I thought I had seen everything on this forum this pops up. Someone who doesn't know where the (in)famous rabbit-head-on-a-stick is from! You learn something new every day, also that there are people on Doomworld who don't even know what's in Doom.

Scientist said:

2] I don't think the Doom hero has an actual name.

Not in the original Doom universe, but in Q3A he is known as simply "Doom".
And the next time I see 999cop claim that the Doomguy is called Flynn Taggert or anything RELATED to that gawdawful name, I'll shove a BFG model 9000 down his throat ;-)

I think we keep forgetting Doom can be and is brand new to some people every day. I had a phone call last night from a friend, his son (9) had just got Doom2 and he needed to know how to save game :)

MaTT [TiK]
Fast Newbie

I wouldn't be half as surprised if he was a "new" newbie (1-post newbie), but this guy's been here for a while.

*Sniff**sniffsnif* I smell a joke somewhere.

dsm said:

*Sniff**sniffsnif* I smell a joke somewhere.

Watch where you sniFF!!! I've been missing some crushed up oxycontins lately!

Honestly till now I thought that the stick the head is on was it's neck. I guess we do learn something new every day.

Come on... apart from the whole 'the demons are really aliens' bit, the books weren't so bad. Loved the Arch-Vile in 'Hell on Earth'

Spike said:

Come on... apart from the whole 'the demons are really aliens' bit, the books weren't so bad. Loved the Arch-Vile in 'Hell on Earth'

You don't read many books do you? Hell that's no excuse, I don't read a lot either and I knew the doom books sucked ass.

Let me clear shit up here...

Beat Inferno, you see a rabbit head

Beat Thy Flesh Consumed, you see the marine holding the rabbit head, the rabbit's name is Daisy

The marine does not have a real name sanctioned by ID, but his nickname is Doom

The name of the marine in the novels is Flynn Taggart

There were many characters planned for Doom, we don't know which one became the marine in Doom

bigbadgangsta said:

Let me clear shit up here...

Beat Inferno, you see a rabbit head

Beat Thy Flesh Consumed, you see the marine holding the rabbit head, the rabbit's name is Daisy

The marine does not have a real name sanctioned by ID, but his nickname is Doom

The name of the marine in the novels is Flynn Taggart

There were many characters planned for Doom, we don't know which one became the marine in Doom

common people, there's a few more ways to say it. So far that's been said in this thread atleast 5 times. Let's aim for 10!

I read a lot of Shaun Hutson, Anne Rice and Star Wars novels - just what made the Doom books so bad?

bigbadgangsta said:

Quite likely none of them - the Doomguy doesn't seem to fit any of the characters mentioned in the Doom Bible.
I seem to remember having read somewhere that all the characters originally planned for Doom were used in RotT instead.

[edit]1. The demons are really aliens - hate that bit, it just seems so...so...UNDOOMISH to me.
2. That horrible name they gave the Doomguy - it really feels like they called the Doomguy "faggert"
3. The names in general
4. The fact that he's not all alone - it might be acceptable to some but not to me, taking into consideration that it's a novel based on the game. I wouldn't mind if the story was following a different marine and that the novel was just based on the universe.
5. The bit about Phobos floating above Earth and then they just BUILD a spacecraft??? Dude, how the FUCK would two marines be able to build something as complicated and insanely expensive AS A SPACECRAFT??? Not only does this bit deviate from the game's story but it's also completely ridiculous!
6. The fact that the last three books has little moving quickly down to NOTHING in common with the games' storyline - I don't see no Freds or Newbies in Doom 2, let alone mention of Doomguy returning to Earth hundreds of years (or how many years it was - I don't remember)after the invasion ended.

This is why I loathe these books.[/edit]

Spike said:

I read a lot of Shaun Hutson, Anne Rice and Star Wars novels - just what made the Doom books so bad?

The fact that they were done by some nameless hack who is also a Mormon propagandist based out of Utah. Mormon sci-fi makes L Ron Hubbard look almost sane. Trust me on this.

The doom novels were written by two different writers (can't quote em right now as my brother's borrowed them), who've also written for StarWars and Star Trek among others.
As for the 'all alone' bit, it was based on a co-operative play-thru of the game to my knowledge.
Besides, it'd be pretty hard to write a book *that* long without some conversation/character development to go with it.
I didn't know about the mormon propogandist bit - sure it sounds a bit daft to say that the mormons are leading the anti demon(alien?) resistance, but look at it this way. The mormons are super-commited to their faith, along comes a bunch of demons (they alone believed the creatures were demons and not aliens) and - hey presto! - you've got a perfect resistance force.
Just my few pennies... or even several quids worth...

BTW i only read the first two books of the series, so my views are based solely on them. I wouldn't know whether the rest of the series was crap or not...

dsm said:
Not in the original Doom universe, but in Q3A he is known as simply "Doom".
And the next time I see 999cop claim that the Doomguy is called Flynn Taggert or anything RELATED to that gawdawful name, I'll shove a BFG model 9000 down his throat ;-)

999cop said:
uh, not quite sure, i aint the most definitly correct person to ask with :J

I was only guessing damn it! Besides, I never bother to find out..