Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sniper Monkey

First Mod Announcement - Abstract (Includes screenshots and art from mod)

Heh, I once started doing a map that looked a little like the first actual screenshot you posted. (Though only thick black lines, not the sort of chalky-ness you've got going on)

Looks great. I love the sketchiness of those textures, and the whole abstract art style is really cool looking.

What port is this going to be for?

Sniper Monkey said:

It'll be for PC, my good man. Maybe I'll learn how to make a port of it for Mac once I've completed making it

I meant what Doom source port it's made to run on.

I like this. It shows the true instability of the human mind, and is a true piece of art, as a medium of human expression. Even if it was created by a human mind, it recognizes many flaws in human thinking, recognizing that someone may even become insane from the mere mythological and simplistic representations of the world (Christianity in this case, as well as the character's own fear of those who raised him and his own life as a child).

Very cool, reminds me of the artsy bits from Afraid of Monsters, which is a good thing. I've always wanted to make a similar mod for Doom.

Really loving the look of this. The abstract style is simply superb. I will be keeping an eye on this, eagerly awaiting the demo.

This looks very unique, and interesting. Chalk me up as an interested party.

'Chalk' me up, hahahahah. Because there's these rough, chalky lines and... ah, never mind.

Looks pretty awesome, I love the art style. I'm looking forward to playing it, do you have an eta on the project?

I'm going to tell you the bad news first to get that out of the way: The bad news is that the mod Isn't even close to finished. I know I said that I'd try to get it done by Halloween, but I was too busy with school and work, causing me to not get much work done on it.

Now for the good news: I'm looking for some play testers and maybe someone who could help me a little with the scripting. I already will be filling the position of music, sound, map design, art, some of the scripting and ambiances. All that's missing like I said before are some play testers and probably at least just one person to help with the scripting.

If you want to be a play tester or help me with scripting, just contact me on Skype and let me know that you would like to help. My skype account name is "duke-jesus", just add me on skype and let me know that you want to help. Hope to see you soon

I'm looking for wads too play test atm actually. I play tested Titan 1024 and am a tester for AOW 2 if that helps influence your decision.

I had an idea for 8-bit atari style with large rooms at first and doom 2600 looking enemies, and only in later levels were there actual hallways, doors, etc. just a killfest of little atari fuckers