Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bloodshedder

The /newstuff Chronicles #416

See, this is exactly why we don't feed the trolls. Ignore them and they go away because there's no fun for them to have.

Also, I've not been reviewing for about two months, so that probably doesn't help the process. The idea behind this was to really bury myself in mapping and have loads of WADs to release (rather than just play)... What has instead happened is that I've lost most of my interest in Doom now and only check here when very bored :\

I do agree that it's unfortunate that some wads don't even get /idgames front page exposure if there are lots of wads uploaded at one time. BUT, I am glad that people upload old forgotten wads.

imo, I'd like to see the /idgames front page grow from 10 latest votes/wads to 50 latest votes/wads. OR, a time-based system where it shows the latest wads from the past 30/60/or however many days. If not, then maybe someone could make a monthly news submission that lists all the uploaded wads during the month.

TimeOfDeath said:

I do agree that it's unfortunate that some wads don't even get /idgames front page exposure if there are lots of wads uploaded at one time. BUT, I am glad that people upload old forgotten wads.

imo, I'd like to see the /idgames front page grow from 10 latest votes/wads to 50 latest votes/wads. OR, a time-based system where it shows the latest wads from the past 30/60/or however many days. If not, then maybe someone could make a monthly news submission that lists all the uploaded wads during the month.

That's a fair point, I was probably being harsh on what are genuine efforts from back in the day. I think the general rise in trollwads have got to me.
Any of these ideas implemented would provide greater scope to the archive, the issue of course is the effort required to make it happen, and I don't want anyone to have to go out of their way to do it as to be honest the archives are set up fine in retrospect.

cannonball said:

This seems to be a continuous curse on the archives recently, and no doomguy2000 is not the only person responsible as there is lots of skulltag crap by Joey, Ogre ect coming out

Heh, removing worst wad from cacowards turned out to be such a huge success.

j4rio said:

Heh, removing worst wad from cacowards turned out to be such a huge success.

And let's not forget stuff from DooMWar and RV-007 as 2 more examples. Regardless if the award is retired, there's going to always be people uploading crap to the archives.

I don't put a lot of faith in the ratings on /idgames. Too much of that is people giving 0 or 5 score to "make up" for someone else's score they consider bogus, instead of just voting honestly what they believe that PWAD deserves. Plus, some of the votes are just people goofing off, for various reasons.

The only thing I find interesting are the comments that have something useful or insightful to say, like a heads-up of how something is broken in the map, or how the map relates to other PWADs, etc. If all they effectively say is just "cool map" or "lame crap" well that's doesn't help...

I know I said I was going to keep my mouth shut,but.......
Can we PLEASE stop arguing? I'm asking nicely.If anyone doesn't like this post,it's okay to bitch at me.For the most part,DW is truly a wonderful place,and can be very much fun.Sometimes the arguments are fun,sometimes not.Now I think I'll go play some GOOD wads.
PS I'' never judge any wads because I don't have the talent to make them.But I do know when a wad is good or bad.

Doomguy 2000 said:

You mean am image that's only useful for Terry's fans? As I said in the file description it's not very much. Then again this is coming from the same person who doesn't like my wads yet continues to comment on my YouTube videos.

I never mentioned the names of any other modders; there was no hidden meaning in my comment. I continue to comment on your YouTube videos BECAUSE I don't like your wads and the aforementioned videos continue to be of the same quality.

Phobus said:

See, this is exactly why we don't feed the trolls. Ignore them and they go away because there's no fun for them to have.

Also, I've not been reviewing for about two months, so that probably doesn't help the process. The idea behind this was to really bury myself in mapping and have loads of WADs to release (rather than just play)... What has instead happened is that I've lost most of my interest in Doom now and only check here when very bored :\

Boo, make more maps. Your CC4 stuff was Hell of cool

Herculine said:

I never mentioned the names of any other modders; there was no hidden meaning in my comment. I continue to comment on your YouTube videos BECAUSE I don't like your wads and the aforementioned videos continue to be of the same quality.

And posting these comments are somehow productive? This just proves my point that you can't get over me. Surely you can be more productive than this on YouTube?

grouchbag said:

Can we PLEASE stop arguing?

Arguments are very much part and parcel of /newstuff threads, much like street protests after Friday prayers in Middle-Eastern countries. You'll get used to them in due course.

Doomguy 2000 said:

And posting these comments are somehow productive? This just proves my point that you can't get over me. Surely you can be more productive than this on YouTube?

Et tu.

GreyGhost said:

Arguments are very much part and parcel of /newstuff threads, much like street protests after Friday prayers in Middle-Eastern countries. You'll get used to them in due course.

It has gotten to the point where I'm almost disappointed if there isn't some degree of arguing going on in a /newstuff thread. Newstuff drama is the best drama, as it's expected and might distract people from source-port flaming long enough to see that get locked down before it's too late.

I'm developing a conspiracy theory around all of this.

Doomguy 2000 said:

You mean am image that's only useful for Terry's fans?

By the way, are YOU Terry? Not that I mind, actually I prefer a guy often cited for making bad maps to be a Doomworld poster who doesn't post garbage.

It seems to me Doomguy 2000 needs to get over himself.I think he must be very insecure or something.Almost feel sorry for the guy,but not quite.Can somebody teach this poor soul how to make a proper map?We all know that I'm no mapper.

printz said:

By the way, are YOU Terry? Not that I mind, actually I prefer a guy often cited for making bad maps to be a Doomworld poster who doesn't post garbage.

I'm not. I'm someone else that joined the community a couple of years ago.

Doomguy 2000 said:

I'm not. I'm someone else that joined the community a couple of years ago.

and i am secretly your mother, so stop playing video games and get a job. all this free time is unhealthy for your social development.

dew said:

and i am secretly your mother, so stop playing video games and get a job. all this free time is unhealthy for your social development.

Yeah right, I actually have a job believe it or not.

kmxexii said:

Boo, make more maps. Your CC4 stuff was Hell of cool

:) I've got a load of in progress stuff for a range of community projects at the moment, so when motivation strikes I'll be doing those next. Looking forwards to your onemandoom blog on CC4 BTW!

dew said:

That would have sounded kinda cool if you didn't say it in a refuge of social rejects.

Doomguy 2000 said:

Aw snap, dawg! Dew done got told!

Ah, he got a job? Well so what? Mine's bigger!!!#%@

(wait, that don't make no sense...)

Doomguy 2000 said:

Taco Bell must be so proud to have you on their team.

printz said:

The guy who spammed some gay creepypasta (emphasized cheeks) on this forum about a year ago is Terry; he's also the one who "stalked" Creaphis even further back.

Anyway, I've been reluctant to see the /idgames archives for new content recently. Partly because of my super mission and partly because of the recent waves of troll wads, like Doomguy2000 and also his associates who rip off Terry.

I've noticed that the archives are steadily losing stuff. Sure, in most cases, it's obsolete versions that have been removed. But still. On the one hand, worthwhile historical versions of stuff is disappearing forever; on the other hand, utterly worthless crap is being piled on.