Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
A.Gamma

Weird problem with textures in Software rendering. (Zdoom and PrBoom)

Which texture set are you using? At first glance it looks like a non-power of 2 texture tiling issue.

Are you using an old version of ZDBSP, perchance? It used to have a bug that'd screw up alignments in ports that don't disregard the alignment data on segs.

I'm using the one that came with Doom Builder 2 (2.1.2.1553) Should I change it?

EDIT: I should mention that since I got Doom Builder 2 I've never changed the default nodebuilder configuration, so it's ZenNode for boom maps

GreyGhost said:

Which texture set are you using? At first glance it looks like a non-power of 2 texture tiling issue.

But it's a problem that had been fixed in PrBoom long ago; and that has been fixed in ZDoom more recently -- it definitely wouldn't happen in ZDoom r3875.

esselfortium said:

Are you using an old version of ZDBSP, perchance? It used to have a bug that'd screw up alignments in ports that don't disregard the alignment data on segs.

Even if it were the case, that wouldn't have affected ZDoom.

Gez said:

But it's a problem that had been fixed in PrBoom long ago

Are you sure? I've seen it in Prboom-plus 2.5.1.4 (software mode) like two months ago.

If your textures are 56x56, don't tile them - or re-composite the textures so they have power of 2 dimensions (64x64 or 64x128).

Gez said:

But it's a problem that had been fixed in PrBoom long ago; and that has been fixed in ZDoom more recently -- it definitely wouldn't happen in ZDoom r3875.

Try this test map I threw together, the problem's still very much in evidence in PrBoom_plus 2.5.1.3 and ZDoom r3794 though I had to deliberately use oddball texture sizes.