Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TheNebulousThinker

Doom Speedrun Youtube Channel

Yeah no disrespect intended or anything. Someone on facebook asked me if my e1m9 max could be improved because it looked horrible. I watched it on that channel and I had to concur. It just looks improvable, but I dunno how many have tried (if any).

I rarely enjoy my own demos anyway. Watching how many times I bumped into walls in the first half-minute of that run was one example. :P

Well I don't know Doomworld/Facebook names, I'm not trained to make that connection thank you very much! :P

Just kidding... actually with Dosbox working right, maybe I should improve it now. How ironic, lol.

This channel is a magnificent idea.

I closed down my old channel, and stopped updating months ago, as old records are constantly being broken nowadays, but mostly because I got lazy, temporarily lost interest in Doom, and forgot about it.

It's good that you're going about this the right way, and asked for permission from all of the authors first. I had a brief exchange with Grazza over this, and I arrogantly proclaimed that since I was in no way profiting or gaining anything for uploading demos with clear citation of authorship, that I was free to upload anything.

Of course, no one cared at all that I uploaded their stuff without asking, but now, I think it's obviously good protocol to obtain permission first. Good stuff. :)

j4rio said:

Hey, you're still alive. :))
WB

This^

In about 2 weeks I might be selling my computer which means that my Channel will be temporarily in-active. I can still log in via ipod but I won't be able to upload. Sorry about this news...In return I'm going to hold the LP till I get a new computer and upload as many demos as possible.

Um....So I'm getting kicked out of my home in about 3 weeks so this channel definitely won't be active unless I find a place to live.

Sorry for the bad news, but I'd rather tell you now.

I thought I would bump this thread instead of needlessly starting a new one.
I was tempted into keeping on Tendamonsta's (TheNebulousThinker) idea of uploading speedruns to youtube. I would try to keep some kind of consistency like upload one per week or something like that.
I know J4rio has been doing this on and off so I just thought I could help out by bringing classic demos to a wider audience (hopefully).
Of course the first thing I would want is other speedrunners thumbs up on this (except for the ones who have youtube channels of course).

I really can't upload anything at all lately, so go ahead, I guess. Oh, and by all means, I really don't understand what's this permissioning with uploading ordeal about. I mean, If you wanted to keep a demo secret, you wouldn't have released it to public here in the first place. Well, whatever.

I don't like most of my demos, but I still try to slowly upload them all to Youtube as I have very little free time. My addiction helps me get through it, though, haha. My best demos are there, though.

In my humble opinion, j4rio's best demos are still not on Youtube, while some very "casual" demos are. I don't get it. And yes, I know you don't care much! (:

1ntru said:

In my humble opinion, j4rio's best demos are still not on Youtube, while some very "casual" demos are. I don't get it. And yes, I know you don't care much! (:

I agree with this a lot.
I suck at speedrunning in all honesty and runs by me are really thinning out as I feel that there are many regulars uploaders who are far superior to me. I look at Daiyu as an example as someone who has improved a lot since I started seeing demos by him and frequently competed on wads against each other. But he is better than me now which kind of demotivates me a bit. :P
So I thought I might as well put my youtube channel to some positive use as most of my dooming time will be taken up in the wads and mods section either making wads or testing peoples new stuff (or doomworld megawad club :P)

cannonball said:

I agree with this a lot.
I suck at speedrunning in all honesty and runs by me are really thinning out as I feel that there are many regulars uploaders who are far superior to me. I look at Daiyu as an example as someone who has improved a lot since I started seeing demos by him and frequently competed on wads against each other. But he is better than me now which kind of demotivates me a bit. :P
So I thought I might as well put my youtube channel to some positive use as most of my dooming time will be taken up in the wads and mods section either making wads or testing peoples new stuff (or doomworld megawad club :P)

What the hell are you talking about? Don't stop recording demos!! I like to watch almost every demo, by different players with different play styles. And hey, by the way, you're a pretty good mapper from what I could see. Don't stop either of them :)

Daiyu is chinese, and thus, it's just a matter of time before he gets better than all of us :P Talking seriously now, I think you can get much better at Doom, by first playthrough attempts in maps you never played before, or by deathmatching. Myself, I don't think I am really much better than I were in 2010 (when I started recording demos), which kind of saddens me as well, but unfortunately I love this game, so I just want to record more and more demos.

1ntru said:

Heh, you'll have to give me insight on that, as I'm just as self-critical about my own stuff as most of guys here seems to be.

j4rio said:

Heh, you'll have to give me insight on that, as I'm just as self-critical about my own stuff as most of guys here seems to be.

NG09-333
NG04-251
C332-429
LV09-439
HR05-236
TO16-1116
SD26-755

Just to name a few. I'm not sure if they are all on Youtube, but I'm sure most of them are not.