Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Anima Zero

Hell Ground demos [-complevel 9]

DSDA page aka hg // hg.wad

Did a UV-Max for map 4 of Eternal's awesome new mapset Hell Ground.

Time for the run comes to 18:05. Could go much faster by ~30 seconds or so due to forgetting about one secret in the Red section and having to backtrack for it. Then again remembering where 15 secrets are in a singular map is a challenge all by itself :P.

Recorded with GLBoom Plus 2.5.0.5 -complevel 9. You'll need the latest version for this mapset to work properly.

Here's hoping more people record demos for this fine mapset.

Attaching demo now.

hg041805.zip

Edited by Maribo

Hell Ground map 4 UV-Max improved by nearly two minutes to 16:11. Everything turned out pretty well aside from a lovely hit from a HK fireball near the end of the Green section (Took that one like a man I did) and a small hiccup in the final secret of the Red section.

I imagine this can be knocked down below 16 minutes with enough patience, but for now I'm gonna let this run stand and check out some other HG levels to record on.

hg041611.zip

Good job on that demo, Anima. Map04 is also my favorite map from this, it was a great pleasure to watch your playthrough.
So it seems you can't escape this pink section while being crushed a bit ? :o

[WH]-Wilou84 said:
Good job on that demo, Anima. Map04 is also my favorite map from this, it was a great pleasure to watch your playthrough.
So it seems you can't escape this pink section while being crushed a bit ? :o

Correct. Unless I'm missing something quite obvious here, you will have to take crushing damage once or twice to get back out of that hallway.

Shouldn't be much of a concern. There's a green armor you can pick up en route to the crushers. You can also wait on taking that berserk secret until you go there so you'll most likely have max health or close to it making the return trip.

If that goes sour, the final secret there has a Soulsphere if you examine the wall behind that rocket pickup.

More UV-Max action on Hell Ground from me. This time for map 1. Time comes to 5:58. Despite some slip ups and coming close to death at the RK, I hit my target time of under 6 minutes.

Could still see this going ~5 seconds or so lower with enough patience.

hg01-558.zip

Hell Grounds
http://doomedsda.us/wad1158.html

to the ones who don't know the wad yet, I advice to have a look to heretic's map07: both run and map designs are beautiful. Also, Anima's demos for this are very very good.

hg.wad
map02 uv-max - 03:27**
map03 uv-max - 05:42**
map06 uv-max - 02:59** (0 monsters in the level)

Ill do map05 once ive some ideas about the supercharge secret.

hg2-3-6.zip