Find results in...
Olympus

National Monster Boxing League

Who will win the fight?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the fight?

• Revenant
    • Hell knight

Its early october and you know what that means! Yes folks, it means its that time of year for the national monster boxing league championship! Citizens of hell come from all over to witness this spectacular monster fight.

In the left corner sits an upcoming champion. A terror icon, yet still the underdog.... Yes, in the left corner is the revenant, without his twin missile launchers of course. No weapons allowed in the boxing ring!

In the right corner sits the massive, incredibly strong Hell knight, who is tough as a dump truck and nearly as big. Will the sheer willpower and strength of his be enough to beat out his opponent?

Vote now for who you think will come out on top, and Stay tuned to find out who wins the national monster boxing league championship!

The Hell Knight, but barely. In a one-to-one trading melee blows with a revenant, it will win because it has more HP while both deal the same exact amount of damage. However the revenant has slightly higher attack speed, and if it manages to troll the HP into pain states, it might be able to weaken it well under 200 HP (but not kill it with melee alone...I hope).

If it was a PROJECTILE exchange though, Revenants are often able to kill Hell Knights because of dealing higher projectile damaage on average (max 80 HP), missing less (homing missiles...) and then finishing the job with the aforementioned slightly-hacked melee. Revenants truly are the trolls of monsters (and players).

The Hell Knight is the mike tyson of Doom Boxing. He takes the win, no question in my mind. First round knock out, Im thinking 1 minute and 3 seconds first round ko.

Sheer mass of bulk muscle and pure hell to back. Let the Revenant keep his guns, wont matter.

I boxed the hell knife once (heavy on the 'Once' part) I walked up and started hitting him in (doom 64) he took my shots one after the other and hit me one time. His hand went through my head, dead. End match. Me 0 Hell Knight 1.

DOOMSLAYER said:

Sheer mass of bulk muscle and pure hell to back. Let the Revenant keep his guns, wont matter.

Oh yes it will, give them enough separation to cause a projectile exchange and the Revenant can easily kill or damage the HK well beyond its own 400 HP, because it has both a more powerful projectile and it misses far less often (homing missiles...). Slightly faster attack rate (12 tics instead of 15) finishes the job, even if the HK closes the distance enough to make melee dominant.

200 HP is really not that much of an advantage: they have they same melee damage, but are clearly unbalanced in favor of the Revenant in ranged battles: 3 shots is all that it takes for the revenant to bring the HK down to its own starting health.

It seems the crowd is more in favor with the Hell Knight. I am, too, due to the lack of the revenant's homing missiles; with the addition of these the outcome would be totally different. However, since they are missing, I think the Hell Knight will triumph due to its higher health.

It's still possible for the Revenant to win (or again, to deal damage beyond its own 400 HP) thanks to slightly faster attack (12 tics vs 15 tics) and pinning the HK down with pain chance scumming.

I made a similar map, except my boxing arena was better. heh.

Well, you heard it here folks! The underdog, the fast and furious Revenant won the fight! Tune in later for the next episode of National Monster Boxing League.

Special thanks to Krispy for the wad, all those who voted, blah blah blah

I had this concept for a WWE ( WWF back then ) TC 15 years ago where all the monsters would fight for a championship belt. I was like 10 back then so I didn't know how to do shit with an editor.

Make it competitive with the players playing the monsters' coaches. Let them acquire a small amount of different powerups to give their monsters "ego boosts" or "strategy boosts" of different kinds, y'know, between rounds when they are pep talking their monsters.

Now THAT would be something.

Sarcose said:

between rounds when they are pep talking their monsters.

"HE AIN'T NUTHIN', HE AIN'T NUTHIN'!"