Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Reinchard666

Reinchards high resolution textures and sprites - demo available

Tiling was the main problem in this flat - when I try make this texture with exactly the same dirt details like in original, the effect in game looks horrible. Possibly I'll do a completely new version of floor3_3, because every version still don't look good in game.

Tell me what you think about new version of nakage (I try 2 versions):

I think the first one looks better but you should make alternate versions that don't have reflections because they look a little funky in GZDoom/Zandronum.

I notice that too and I try do something with this. But remember liquid looks like liquid only when her surface reflects the environment, so a bit of reflections is required (but maybe not that strong like this one).

So what about version with bobbles?
I have a feeling that you don't like it, but I'm still working on more toxic and "dangerous" appearance of nukage.

That is true, however in reality the surface of the water is constantly changing and thus those reflections bounce around accordingly. In DOOM there is none of that going on, so baking in obvious, strong highlights into the texture actually results in more of an "uncanny valley" look.

I would suggest toning them down considerably or else apply that kind of effect in another way (for example, Doomsday offers (Surface) Reflection maps for this sort of thing that move according to the direction the viewer is looking in).

I get excited every time I see new posts in this thread.

DaniJ said:

That is true, however in reality the surface of the water is constantly changing and thus those reflections bounce around accordingly. In DOOM there is none of that going on, so baking in obvious, strong highlights into the texture actually results in more of an "uncanny valley" look.

As you see in my previous post I toned these reflections. I test this in game in for my its looking good, except is not tiled yet.

Reinchard666: These textures are incredible! The best ever! They really do look like 'source images' that id Software used to create their game!

It's obvious that your goal is to recreate that original look, only with higher resolution. Please don't worry about requests to add new stuff that wasn't in the original (different colors, animations and such). All of those things can be done later by yourself or the community. What you're doing is exactly what I would be doing, if I only had the skill :)

I can't wait to see these textures running on my computer - I may try to compile the images on this page into a demo for myself, just to see how awesome it will look!

One criticism about the silver entrance door (texture "DOOR3", patch "DOOR2_5"): The original has a vertical "key slot", and is dark grey or silver, but in your latest version, the slot is almost black. A little work matching your colors to the original would make that texture perfect.

Thanks so much, and good luck!

Very nice! I see you also want to make new sprites, will you also add more frames to make the animations smoother?

The models in the old model pack are very ugly, fortunately we have the ascension team making some awesome models. Still these are good for placeholders.

Floor6_2 looks awesomer than I would have expected but the red cylinders look kinda flat on Startan2.

I gotta say I don't care much for the direction the nukage has gone, to be honest. Not really sure what could be done to improve it.

Vermil said:

The '3D' on Floor6_2 looks good; but the texture looks a bit 'smooth'.

I agree, it looks less like sharp rocks/gravel and more like clumps of plaster.

The rest of these, though, are looking really great! The shawn texture is exactly a high res version of the old one, but that's it; it barely looks any different at all, and I probably wouldn't have noticed if it hadn't already been pointed out. I wonder if there is anything that can be done to spice it up a bit without ruining it. Not an issue if not though.

Thanks. I decide to make floor6_2 more "plaster-like" because this texture is used as a ceil in e1m1. If you look closer at the original you recognize that this can be sopmehing similar to rocky plaster.