Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
eXo

Desperatly Seeking Image

Hello there, fellow DOOM junkies...

I have posted this request because I'm searching for a perticular image, it's best described as some sort of wall with heads in it. When you press F1 in Doom2, it's used in the background of the help screen. Parts of that image is also used the Special Edition box..

Does anybody have a clear, good JPG (or GIF/PCX/BMP for that matter) of it?? Cuz I really really really would like to have that.

Thanks in advance!!

eXo

The Melting skulls you mean? Why not just crack the main WAD open in an editor like WinTex?

Also, what do you need it for?

Thanks Lut (and Weedster too), you guys are the best!

I have recently moved, now I live in an ex-childrens bedroom, with wallpaper in all shades of happy colors like light green and red and so on... So I figured it would be cool to paint something awesome on my bedroom wall. And what is more awesome than the 'melting skulls'...

Thanks again!

eXo said:

I have recently moved, now I live in an ex-childrens bedroom, with wallpaper in all shades of happy colors like light green and red and so on... So I figured it would be cool to paint something awesome on my bedroom wall. And what is more awesome than the 'melting skulls'...

Thanks again!

Dude, you're gonna use a Doom 2 image as your rooms wallpaper? WE HAVE A DOOM NUT ON OUR HANDS!

Urmm.. yeah. hehe after all why not?

It's better than standard wallpaper, as long as I can draw (and colour !!) it nicely...

eXo said:

Urmm.. yeah. hehe after all why not?

Do you plan to show any females your room? I can see the convo now...

exo : here is my room
girl : um...what's up with the skulls
exo : it's from Doom...
girl : uh huh.........
exo : what?
girl : nothing...um...I gotta go...see ya later.....*girl runs*

hahahaha :D ...

you need to find girls (females) that like you for what you are, and not for what your room looks like, or what kind of games you're secretly addicted to :)

Yeah what kind of shallow relation gets screwed up because you happen to like great artwork of the likes of Giger.

Zaldron said:

Yeah what kind of shallow relation gets screwed up because you happen to like great artwork of the likes of Giger.

/agrees

Speaking of which, who designed it anyway? Not HR Giger right? Some guy at iD or who else?

hmm, for me it doest go as far (to show the room) - i usually show my drowings: effect the same as in eXo room...

hmm, Giger art is smthing to show to your girl - trust me, they are so romantic <:) !!! To be serious some of the females are getting hot seeng some of them...

eXo said:

Well technically, it's on my page so it's my picture. I was going to point you to it myself but that dastardly Lüt beat me to it. Hey, if you get that painting finished maybe you could snap a picture and put it up here - I'd like to see what that looks like :)

Well thank you too!

And sure I'll do that.. when it's finished of course.. and that could take a while, judging by my artistic talent (or lack of that) and school / social life...

wasted said:
hmm, Giger art is smthing to show to your girl - trust me, they are so romantic <:) !!! To be serious some of the females are getting hot seeng some of them...

I have actually met some girls who really like Giger's work. That in itself amazed me to no end. There is hope yet, it would seem.

I have an agenda with a Giger pic every 2 pages. My mother liked it so much that she bought one for herself. And we're talking about putrid penises hanging from psycho clowns with infernal machinery in the back.

dude that seems kickass, i need some fucked up artwork to scare my mom. i would love to have a room with those melting skulls

Wall to wall melting skulls; I can just imagine that right now...it'd be like you're in Hell itself. Good for a haunted house on Halloween. It'll give your grandpa a heart attack ;)

and real organs. oh and dont forget the steel some bodies and put them on hooks and poles. just make sure your dog/cat dont nibble on them.

In the navy during Captain's rounds where he inspected stuff, outside the Petty Officer's mess was a shelf with a replica turd, upon seeing this the Captain remarked "That's unusual" and prodded it, his finger went into it! It was a real turd they had just varnished it and his finger went through the crust :) put some of them around the room :)

well, if someone out there is scared of dust, my room will be their worst nightmare come true.

fodders said:

In the navy during Captain's rounds where he inspected stuff, outside the Petty Officer's mess was a shelf with a replica turd, upon seeing this the Captain remarked "That's unusual" and prodded it, his finger went into it! It was a real turd they had just varnished it and his finger went through the crust :) put some of them around the room :)

If I understand you correctly, they put up a small pile of shit on a shelf?
Uh yep, that's pretty unusual.

orion said:

well, if someone out there is scared of dust, my room will be their worst nightmare come true.

It'll be a nightmare for my friend who's allergic to dust ;)

Heh, I got one that's alergic too, although he's been in my room plenty of times yet he's fine. I guess as long as he doesn't touch anything the dust won't be floating around him. =]