Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Death Egg

Doomsday texture pack

How would I go about getting a set of HD textures to load in Doomsday? I already have the textures named after the original ones in the WAD, and I put them in a pk3 the sub folder "data > jchex > textures". (They're for Chex Quest) I tried loading it as is but it wouldn't work. What else do I do? Is the lump "Info" involved?

Chex and HacX are part of the JDoom plugin.

Hence, as of writting, they go in i.e: 'Data/JDoom/Textures/Chex'.

Certinally, that is somewhat misleading.

I have just tested this myself and hi-res replacements are working fine for me using the path /data/jdoom/textures/chex. Note that the path for hi-res flats is different, these are placed in /data/jdoom/flats/chex. However, it is simpler and easier if you use the /Textures and/or /Flats shortcut paths, e.g., /Textures/chex

Hm, odd, still no dice on my end... I've uploaded what I have compiled to see if someone else could see what the issue is.

Download

(Note that I did NOT create the textures within, I merely found and put them together so they could actually be used.)

Those are hi-res versions of individual Patches. Texture replacements work at Texture (or Flat) level. For example, to replace the texture CEMENT1 you would create a texture named cement1.png (and place this in the /Textures/chex directory) rather than WALL52_1 which is the name of a Patch used by the Texture CEMENT1.

Doomsday does not presently support compositing hi-res texture replacements from component hi-res patches.