Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mystery Man in 3D

I'm so grateful

For years, I had wanted all the DOOM games to come to the PlayStation Network, especially since XBOX gamers had DOOM 1 & 2 on XBLA, had DOOM 3 & ROE backward-compatible, and all we PS geeks got was Wolfenstein 3D. :P

When I heard about the BFG Edition for the first time, and that it was coming to the PS3, I was happy beyond Thunderdome! My wish had finally been granted! Not only did I pre-order and buy the game from Gamestop, but I also bought the digital download version off the PlayStation Network, so I can archive the disc and show my love for ID Software.

Thank you ID, for making a longtime fan's dream come true.

P.S. This isn't the only copy of DOOM 1, 2, or 3 I have. I've got tons of them for PC (all legal FYI).

SAME!

I am super psyched to be able to play mulitplayer on my ps3 with DOOM.

I've had all the Doom's on PC for years and also have it on PS1, having it on PS3 is the peak of completion.

I just blew through DOOM II on the PS3 BFG Edition with a buddy I know from another site. Really GG, although telefragging became a bit of a nuisance.

BTW, I'm gonna try to get the PSX DOOM Games for X-mas.

The PSX Doom games are sweet, I run them on my PSP usually. You can't Dual Stick on them, but the controls work well anyway.

The shoulder buttons R1 and R2 let you strafe left and right, the D-Pad is used for turning, and Triangle is shoot. Amazingly though, not only can you re-map the controls however you want, it's even compatible with the PSX mouse!

Seriously, how the fark is PS1 more advanced and user-friendly than modern day console shooters? Hardly any current-gen shooters let you re-map controls or work with mouse lol.

Doom 64 is also a beast.

I've played PSX DOOM before, and I own DOOM 64, which was actually the first DOOM I've ever played in my life.

@Gremlins:
Did you know there's a port of DOOM Legacy for the PSP? That's what I use to play DOOM on that system.

http://www.rgba.se/2011/02/psp-legacy-release-4.html

SweatyGremlins said:

it's even compatible with the PSX mouse!

I thought only PSX Final Doom supported the mouse?

DoomUK said:

I thought only PSX Final Doom supported the mouse?

Yea just loaded them again and only Final Doom has the mouse option, too bad but still pretty user-friendly for back then.

Mystery Man in 3D said:

I've played PSX DOOM before, and I own DOOM 64, which was actually the first DOOM I've ever played in my life.

@Gremlins:
Did you know there's a port of DOOM Legacy for the PSP? That's what I use to play DOOM on that system.

http://www.rgba.se/2011/02/psp-legacy-release-4.html

Yeah I tried it out and it ran really good! But I get some weird white borders now and then so I'll use the PC and PS3 for traditional Doom. I just liked the idea of using the PSP for the PSX games.

Alien Trilogy would need dual-stick though, was first PSX game to use that control scheme I think, maybe Vita then :)