Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
CrazyDoomguy

Archville ruins!

This idea will make player many adrenalins and epic!

I not editor and i can't to edit it... its difficult for me to understand english.

This WAD is for expert and it difficult

This is map level 1 or level 30. On first you take waepons and teleported. You are on middle big hall (As Speed of doom level 30). On middle of big hall is ruins, big size and not so hight (0-5 metre). On middle ruins appears archvilles (500-1000) and respawn death monsters around ruins. Around ruins, behind dark hall hidden many cacodemons (over 1000) and a bit pain elemental (200-300).

On ruins you can find enought cells (not so much many, that is for noob), in ruins hidden immortality balls and megasphere (to you taste).

On beginning Player should bress 4 buttons in middle ruins. Tower on middle ruins go down and you can see biggest cyberdemon (2x bigger than monarch "invasion uac.wad") and he shot mancubus fireballs (10x fireballs fastshot), his life point is 100.000 and this monster hunt for you. He don't make duel with other monsters and other monsters him. When this cyberdemon killed, you won.

When someone make this WAD, please test it (should playably).

I wait for yours comments and WAD :)

:)

Or so, cacodemons arrive from above behind dark clouds, them it is not visible therefore they are very highly.
At this time the player fights for archville, in 1 minutes already there is a heavy cacodemons fireballs rain and lost soul's rain from above.
Later, after 3-4 minutes you can see nightmare clouds (3000 cacodemons and 300 pain elemental)around ruins + archvilles run for you + dangerous monsters (special imps "tarakanik.WAD") apear on edge ruins!! That is a big action and epic!!!

Meh, the idea sounds like a really horrible joke wad to me.

yaqxsw said:

I not editor and i can't to edit it... its difficult for me to understand english.

Then you better start learning, buddy, because no one will make your mod(s) for you, apart from Phml, probably. :P

preserved for historic reference.

what meant this sentence? to think out history?

if someone wants to look at approximate drawing of the map, I can throw off a screen

Phml said:

This cracks me up so much I'm tempted to do it.

Don't forget to disable the lost soul limit. Map sounds like it wouldn't be out of place in Slaughterfest. ;-)

yaqxsw said:

preserved for historic reference.

what meant this sentence? to think out history?

I mean it should be kept so people in the future can see it, mostly as an example of what the internet has done to the English learnt by people who don't speak it as their mother-tongue.

To Phml:

It was quite good if at start the player didn't manage to press the button (from for number of monsters and archvilles).
And that can be sung to press buttons and the boss receives a loss from other monsters.
It will be a fast prize and it is not interesting. Make so that it is long fight

I thought this was about a town map full of Archies at first. Heh.

@yaqxsw The only way to get better is to practice. Try downloading Doom Builder and experimenting with a few things. There are also videos on Youtube that might help you get a grasp on editing. I THINK you can translate them...

http://img547.imageshack.us/img547/2864/yyyy.jpg
Here is approximate drawing of the map "archville's ruins".

Red lines is cacodemons
green triangle is pain elemental
orange cross is start
orange linie "archville apear"

in ruins there are many disorganized walls with different of in height and width.
Grey linie is very low wall (practically it is not visible) on it it is possible to run

All 4 triagles had button that player should press. After that player should press four buttons in the middle of ruins. After that, all high walls in ruins go downp (not tower) and player should fight with boss.

behind a square (leaf edge) there will be a poisonous water. That make -25 health.
It for this purpose that the player didn't run so far from ruins

Yeah, well. I hoped you'd get the hint by my lack of reply to your PM. "I'm tempted to do it" and "I am going to do it" are two very different things.

I actually thought a silly map could be a fun way to learn UDMF and ZDoom modding a bit. Made a giant circle arena with a central structure lowered through a switch, revealing a 4x sized Annihilator (Eriance's cybie, it has two rocket launchers) with 100k HP and manc fireballs; complete with an earthquake and music change to something most people here would consider obnoxious.

But then, doing these small things took me about two hours, and while learning new stuff is always time well spent, building architecture to the scale of what you're asking is just meaningless and time-consuming drawing, which is more effort than I'm willing to invest into a joke. Sorry man. I don't have immortality balls.

boris said:

And I thought this thread was about a new Zynga game.

this gave me a good giggle, i now want a farmville-doom crossover