Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dima

Doom III Officially Announced

"DOOM III will change what people expect to see and experience in a PC game," said Todd Hollenshead, CEO, id Software. "We couldn't be more psyched about DOOM III, and are thrilled to debut the title at E3 with Activision. Get ready to be terrified."

Well, im ready.

Good Lord, Dima. You don't show up often but when you do, it's worth it :)

So now it's official : the game will be titled Doom III. And it looks like, after almost two years, id is going to break the silence at E3 later this month.

John Carmack said:
Good things are coming.

now to wait the 2 more years to release....

FlatHead said:

Good Lord, Dima. You don't show up often but when you do, it's worth it :)

So now it's official : the game will be titled Doom III. And it looks like, after almost two years, id is going to break the silence at E3 later this month.

Thx FlatHead for the warm words! :)

I hope they wont show too much at E3. And I hope that the stuff about Doom 3 having the official title "Doom III" is true.
Now to think about what the story for the new game could be :-P~

On a related note, the official id software website was also updated with these news. Why I make it sound so important? cause id hasn't updated their website with anything in the past! :)

Damnit, Dima you bastard, I saw this about about five minutes ago, first place I come is here to post, and you've beaten me. argh :P
good work anyway, extremely awesome news :D

I wanna go to e3, pity I can't so I hope they release some footage :D

Dima said:

Why I make it sound so important? cause id hasn't updated their website with anything in the past! :)

They had a complete redesign and update of their site a few days ago. This is the first big news item on it, though.

FlatHead said:

They had a complete redesign and update of their site a few days ago. This is the first big news item on it, though.

That's what I meant m8! :))

Seeing such news on their site is awesome news! :))

*Me buys dima a beer
Cheers m8, and thanks for the heads up. I appreciate your efforts.
:-)

This is definitly sweet news. I always liked the simple title "Doom III". Now I'm impatiently waiting for the things to come at the E3. If they release a couple of screenshots, I'll immediately put one on my desktop.

What's the fuss all about? We only know it's called Doom III so far. ^_^

Let's just wait for E3.

BTW, WHO'S GOING!?!?!

dsm said:

I hope they wont show too much at E3. And I hope that the stuff about Doom 3 having the official title "Doom III" is true.
Now to think about what the story for the new game could be :-P~

Why not? I hope they show a lot :) Otherwise i'll Play Heretic again....

Discussion down at the Shack :

#345, there NEEDS to be more hand to hand weapons.. I wanna pick up a crowbar..

no wait, that's been done

How about a pipewrench? Shit, been done.

Fuck, a fireaxe? FUCK, that's been done too!!

God damn it!

What about a big glowing sword.. hey, it could be called the Daikat- *dies*

#377,

How about a brick ?

-Xian

^_^

Ultimate Demon said:

Why not? I hope they show a lot :) Otherwise i'll Play Heretic again....

If they show too much we'll grow tired of Doom 3 before we even get a chance to play it!

What's the fuss all about? We only know it's called Doom III so far. ^_^

The fuss? The fuss is that now I'm reassured that I'll get the sequel I've wanted ever since Doom 2 - not a remake and not a goddamn prequel (*me thanks his lucky stars), but a friggin' sequel.
YAY-A-BILITY!
*Me goes out and gets himself drunk to celebrate the news.

(on another note: A remake wouldn't be so bad either, but a new story to follow up where the old games left off is more exciting imho)

no cutsy little add on to the name like "Doom III: Hide and Seek"?
doesn't matter, I want to see a real logo for doomIII =]

I bet this will be the biggest E3 ever.

Zaldron said:

Damnit I want my prequel. Seems like I'll have to make one.

Good idea Zaldron my man, that's one decent mod idea for the new Doom.
I'm going to try and learn to adapt my art skills to the new engine when it comes out - who knows? I might even learn to do decent stuff for mods :-P
Wishful thinking, I know, I know.

[edit]Or maybe id would release a mission pack which IS a prequel![/edit]

I'm glad to see they simply call it 'Doom III'.
Doom is a title not to be messed around with...
I can't wait to see some of the new screenshots.
That is, if they will release any..

If ID shows something at E3, does it mean that they have to show something to the fans too, or does ID still have the option of keeping things in the dark, except for business-people??

I'm sure id will make a bunch of stuff public at E3. Enough to make me real damn jealous at Linguica, that's for sure. I will not rest until I see a high-res screenshot of the Bathroom Scene.

orion said:

no cutsy little add on to the name like "Doom III: Hide and Seek"?

DOOM: Reborn sounds like a kickass one to me. Oh well...

Oh, and 2 questions: What do you have to do/be to go to E3, and, sorry to sound like a loser, but how do you use maps for Q1 and Q2?

Weedster said:

What do you have to do/be to go to E3

You have to be an important member of the press or community. Or, in Ling's case, sell your soul to the Dark Lord.

Weedster said:

how do you use maps for Q1 and Q2?

Put the bsp files in your \id1 or \baseq2 directory, then go to the console and type "map <mapname>.bsp".

well currently they claim title 'Doom 3' as definitive already, imho, i wish they would come up with a more descriptive title on E3's day or later. Anyways, it'd be probably okay if without a detailed title since neither q1 nor q2 has one, except q3...

As far as I'm concerned,id don't have to show any monsters at the E3 JUST YET! Cuz how they act and proform in the game is going to either make or break this title. They're the REAL STARS! What I do want to see is 1st, the latest new look of the doom marine. I want to see him in motion, I want to see his "COMBAT POSTURE" when he's holding/shooting any of the game's weapons. Will he be using the lastest military and SPECOPs combat firing posturing? The "Low Ready Aim" the modern "Isosceles Stance"(when firing the Handgun)and other firing methods. Will he now "Lean and Peek" around corners like in T,Clancy's Rouge Spear series? Can he crouch? Will he have a RELOAD anime? Will id have the unsupported 3rd person prospective in it? I hope id will implement an option that you can record and watch any of the levels you played so you can edited it from various camera angles and hook it up like watching all your actions like a motion picture movie. I hope id give him a look mixing the NOW with the FUTURE in terms of his "BATTLE DRESS". Like space cammo,flexable kevlar armor under his basic battle armor,head gear,elbow and knee pads,etc etc....

And 2nd, the level design,and atmospere. These too,will either make or break this game. I hope id uses some of the basic design criteria found in the Rainbow Six series,such as multiple routes through any givin levels. Real elevators and not anymore stupid one floor lifts. And multi-layerd levels. And self-contained,unique,realistic as possible,detailed indoor/outdoor environments.

And last,the sound and music. I hope the weapons sounds are sharp and crisp,the explosions are loud and shaking the screen(like AVP series)
I hope the monster sounds are nerve pounding errie. As for the music, I want the PSX/N64 doom people at "Williams Ent" to do it. Yeah,Yeah, I know allotta you people don't concider the PSX/N64 version's not music. But "TO HELL WITH YA'LL!!" The ambient or moan-tones are still the BEST suited for the doom atmosphere. Not to say that the original score sucks! It doesn't.(Hell ,I brought the Bobbie Prince CD too!)I just think the Williams Ent music for doom knocks it out the park,hands down. Or at least try to hire the "LONDON SYMPHONY ORCHESTRA" and JAMES HORNER to do the score and ingame music....