Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Linguica

You people write at a fifth grade level

Lower number better writer?

Good.

No, really.

Honestly.

Heh, great. That should hopefully have lowered my average enough to allow me to safely get away with asking some shambling mockery of a retarded inbred if he can remember his name, or maybe insinuate that a certain anonymous somebody has an intelligence quotient akin to that of a primate randomly checking mutliple choice questions, or something along vaguely similar lines.

Aw hell, did I just raise what I lowered with that torrent of banal, anal nonesensical banter?

Whatever.

well, i got a 2.5, thats a little low for me huh? considering i am at the end of my 10th grade carrer.

fodders said:

I read it as higher = better?

DaJuice yelped:
5.1! I"m a focking geenious!!!11

you're wrong fod.

Writing at grade 8 standard has to be better than writing at a grade 4? Or do American's brains deteriorate with age? Damn stupid question, ok that one is rhetorical :)

Linguica said:

For some reason today I was interested in the Flesch-Kincaid scale of readability. If you've never heard of it, it's the same thing that MS Word uses to determine the "grade level" of your writing.

In a nutshell, the algorithm takes the average number of words per sentence, the average number of syllables per word, and uses these two numbers in a little formula to determine the approximate grade level of that piece of writing.

For instance, dsm's latest fanfic has a grade level of 6.7, bbg's latest fanfic has a grade level of 5.7, and this one by AresGodofWAR has a grade level of 3.5. It's totally mathematical and arbitrary and doesn't take into account spelling or syntax or diction or grammar or anything, but nonetheless it can provide a surprisingly accurate look at how difficult / easy a given piece of writing is to read.

So anyways, after I spent some time writing a PHP function to determine the Flesch-Kincaid readability score for selections of text, I played around with it a while, pasting in things from various webpages. Then someone said that I should use it on these forums.

So I hacked together a quick script to do just that. For every poster with over five posts on these forums, the script calculated the grade level for each of the posts and found the average.

Here is the result. Isle is so high up because in one of his few (I think he had exactly 5) posts, he had a big long "HAHAHAHAHA" that the script takes to be a word with a shitload of syllables, which pumped up the score to stupidly high values.

Then once I had this, I made a quick plot of the values:

So you guys write at approximately a fifth grade level. Sorry.

Don't be surprised. DW has morons up the wazoo.

Forum necromancy, quoting a BIG image, and grand theft avatar. So sad. Such a promising forum career, off on such a false start. :|

;)

Executor6666 said:

Don't be surprised. DW has morons up the wazoo.

Banning you would be a good start towards helping that problem.

darknation said:

Can someone check Executor's IP? From his behaviour at doomcenter I'm next to convinced he's accually reol.

yeah, and while you're at it, BAN IT!

Hmm...both ReOL and Executor post at DC...if they are the same person, they have a Hell of a lot of time on their hands.

the_Danarchist said:

Hmm...both ReOL and Executor post at DC...if they are the same person, they have a Hell of a lot of time on their hands.

REoL = 30 something year old virgin. Why are you surprised?

You people write at a fifth grade level

ROFLMFGAO!

...... I don't think so big dawg...... I write at a kindergartenlevel for yo information, son!

............. can't ya tell?
:P

EDIT TO MODS: WHAT DA HELL IS WRONG WITH MAH Da_Esco USERNAME?

Esco_69 said:

EDIT TO MODS: WHAT DA HELL IS WRONG WITH MAH Da_Esco USERNAME?

Uhm...

They banned it?

AV: I don't think they did cuz mah email is STILL in da database... I'm sure dat they would have removed it if they had banned it. And why would they even ban me again... I ain't even been around at all lately.... makes no sense.

Aaaah, a mercyful of 4.9 for me. Unbelievable. Bahaha, that is almost the grade I got in the last year at school - German school system, you know? That«s a very bad grade, it«s an "E" (german grade system goes from 1 (A) to 6 (F). That English teacher was such an ass, really. Killed all my fun I could had learning this language. Well, as we all know, it«s always the fault of the teachers ;) And I got my diploma though, so...

Yeah, Arioch banned Esco, then Ling unbanned him, then he registered a new username, then posted a bit, then left...why would he be banned again?

the_Danarchist said:

Yeah, Arioch banned Esco, then Ling unbanned him, then he registered a new username, then posted a bit, then left...why would he be banned again?

That's the really really short version.

Yup.

Thats not counting all that time when Arioch claimed Esco was pissing him off and such.

BTW...Zaldron, you post way the Hell to fast. Like every time I post, you post 2. :P

the_Danarchist said:

BTW...Zaldron, you post way the Hell to fast. Like every time I post, you post 2. :P

He's had practice...lots of practice :P

You guys are ALL behind on da times.... I've been unbanned since da new forums went up.... I just have been busy as fuck lately, plus I mod at DDF. I had jost forgotten mah PW.... but Lüt took care of dat for me (as you can see cuz I'm usin mah old account).

Yo Lüt: thanks again, big dawg! Dis blunt's for you!
¦]-~

Please don't encourage Lüt to smoke blunts. He's bad enough already.

Think, MILLENNIUM!

kristus said:

This thread is something I find most supercalifragialistically stupid.

I concur.
WHY THE FUCK DOES IT KEEPS COMING BACK!?!?!

Zaldron said:

WHY THE FUCK DOES IT KEEPS COMING BACK!?!?!

Cause you forgot to lock it?