Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Blastfrog

Eternity fork

You will need, SDL, SDL_net, and SDL_mixer. You'll need the headers as well as the .lib files. By default I believe the project will be looking for the headers one level up from the root of the Eternity project's folder and then down into an SDL\include folder, and will just be looking for the *.lib files to be in your Visual C++ libraries path. This can all be changed without a lot of hassle through the IDE.

How did I forget? I recently reinstalled VC++, and didn't set the paths. Thanks for pointing this out.

Anyway, I'm trying to make the pixel ratio square instead of 5:6. I've changed INV_ASPECT_RATIO to 0.75, assuming that this might make the pixels square since the default, 0.625, is 5/6 of 0.75. This doesn't appear to have done anything in effect. I also tried increasing SCREENHEIGHT from 200 to 240, but it crashes in an error saying that it tried accessing invalid memory.

Lowering the SCREENWIDTH and SCREENHEIGHT variables works, but I'd like to design the HUD and menus around a 320x240 resolution instead of anything lower.

What can I do to have it not crash when raising the base resolution?

Sodaholic said:

How did I forget? I recently reinstalled VC++, and didn't set the paths. Thanks for pointing this out.

Anyway, I'm trying to make the pixel ratio square instead of 5:6. I've changed INV_ASPECT_RATIO to 0.75, assuming that this might make the pixels square since the default, 0.625, is 5/6 of 0.75. This doesn't appear to have done anything in effect. I also tried increasing SCREENHEIGHT from 200 to 240, but it crashes in an error saying that it tried accessing invalid memory.

Lowering the SCREENWIDTH and SCREENHEIGHT variables works, but I'd like to design the HUD and menus around a 320x240 resolution instead of anything lower.

What can I do to have it not crash when raising the base resolution?

Why not tell us exactly what you're planning to do? That way we can all be on the same page. EE may be getting the "features" you so crave by the beginning of next year. Wouldn't it be easier to wait until then or be stuck with a codebase with potential bugs?

Csonicgo said:

or be stuck with a codebase with potential bugs?

That's not an issue provided he's also using version-control (easiest for this purpose would be SVN like the original); he can always merge the Eternity trunk updates to his ofshoot. At least on Windows that's easy.

Yes, I'm using SVN. I've already updated to the latest codebase a few times, so there's no issue there.

Csonicgo said:

Why not tell us exactly what you're planning to do?

I'm trying to get things to render with square pixels instead of the normal Doom 5:6 ratio pixels, kinda like when you ran Doom 95 in 320x240 or 640x480. As for why, it's for Koliko's Adventure. I'm no longer using plain Boom for it, since I want to have control over several more aspects of gameplay.