Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Sephiroth

doom skins?

hey i just learned winXP can use skins. hell got it 3 days ago. anyway i want to know if any of you have made any doom skins/themes for XP. I would really like a kick ass doom skin

y? get some other things besides skins about video games. what i would do is wait to doom3 comes out and that will have some winxp skins.

Are you talking about playing doom on XP? I use zdoom, that should work fine on XP and you'd just use the same skins other people have. Skins are wad files which can be put in a skins folder inside of your zdoom folder, such as c:\games\zdoom\skins\skins.wad That way they will load automatically whenever you start zdoom.

Zdaemon works the same way.

There are so few decent skins made with complete freedom it seems as if any XP theme made under the limitations of being recognizable would be absolutely horrible.

I use the standard Windows look in my XP. All those curves and gradients and things made out of chrome are cute for a while but eventually they drive me nuts. There are so few decent flat themes I just stick to the default. It's faster, too. =)