Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TMD

MAYhem 2012 - Released July 17, durr hurr

Twelve.

Also hey, how does one make it so the mapinfo and interscreen map title things show up in BOOM basd ports, instead of solely ZDoom ports.

Err... Intermission map titles would require changed graphics and you'll want to do an external DeHackEd patch to change the level names in non-ZDoom ports. I'll readily admit that I'm no good with DeHackEd, but there's a lot of people here who may be able to help. Could try sending a PM to somebody like TGH if you need the DeHackEd done, perhaps... he might be able to do the CWILV graphics too, or know somebody who can do it quickly and reliably.

[DBLPost]

I've finally got round to updating my site, so it now has a mirror (direct d/l link) for this project on my Contributions page - we still need to get it up on /idgames at some point :P (Particularly as my site is hardly well-designed, or a buzzing hub of activity)

I can't seem to easily ftp on a University connection. To the best of my not so vast knowledge, that is the only way to get stuff on idgames.
If somebody else can upload it, I'll get the txtfile and final version sent to you.

Sorry about the delays. The /idgames version is ready and everything.

I can do it if you link or send the very latest file to me (which I'm assuming is newer than the one I've got at the moment). It'd be helpful if it's an 8-character file name for the .txt and .zip - the .wad doesn't need to be, but may as well be too.

Double post:

Turns out I was a massive wang when I uploaded this project to the archives this morning, as I forgot to check if we had an e-mail address in the text file, so the upload got rejected.

Don't worry though! I've reuploaded it, with my e-mail address in the text file (both in .zip and out of it) - hopefully this is noticed and we can then move from /incoming into /newstuff in the next batch.

This project is finally complete!

And yes, I did palm my face sufficiently hard at this oversight.

More complete than complete. Its CompleteR.
And that was more my oversight than yours. I should be the one facepalmed.

Hooray! So now Mayhem finally will be on idgames! <3 but are level names for boom done? I can do dehacked patch, but have no idea about CWILV. I've heard legends about CWILV generator, but never saw it.

In a word: No. I've got no real DeHackEd experience, so I didn't try and do anything other than ZMAPINFO for the names. Likewise, CWILV graphics haven't been done, even though I can cut/paste that stuff into existence. We did have an appeal for that a while ago but got no interest.

Also, it's in the /newstuff folder right now - hooray!

wow, map05 is a real torture: "Cleimos 2" style labyrinth with blinking lights, "Mock 2" style room with billion of moving floors, sudden crushers everywhere (and some of them don't let you escape), and now I look in Doom Builder and see that you die if you jump off the scyscraper even though there is no indication of that. You're a horrible person Scypek ;P. Just kidding of course but I found it funny how this map combined everything that I dislike in Doom.

The seemingly required Arch-Vile jump after getting the red skull in MAP07 (The Grudge, if I've got the map number wrong) to avoid an inescapable damaging floor probably qualifies as a dick move too. Oddly enough, I don't think I noticed it on any previous tests and it was only after I was checking it out for fun after having uploaded it that I found myself wondering how nobody had caught that earlier. :\

Memfis said:

wow, map05 is a real torture

Good to know I actually know how to make tough maps :P

Memfis said:

"Mock 2" style room with billion of moving floors

This. I even composed a name of the original author out of floor lights, despite the fact you can't see it in game due to all that height variation. "Unescapable" (but avoidable) crushers might've been there too, but I wanted to make this room more challenging, since it's completely optional and grands huge bonuses.

Memfis said:

now I look in Doom Builder and see that you die if you jump off the scyscraper even though there is no indication of that.

No indication that jumping off the scyscraper is dangerous... now I don't know what to say :P But you chosen not to fell during gameplay. So you actually had some reason for that ^^

Were "Hell's ravines" equally sadistic to you? ;)

Phobus said:

The seemingly required Arch-Vile jump after getting the red skull in MAP07 (The Grudge, if I've got the map number wrong) to avoid an inescapable damaging floor probably qualifies as a dick move too. Oddly enough, I don't think I noticed it on any previous tests and it was only after I was checking it out for fun after having uploaded it that I found myself wondering how nobody had caught that earlier. :\

Hah yeah, sorry about that, my map for this was terrible, it was the first one I made after a X year hiatus from doom. My conception of 'difficult' at the time was a shit-load of instant-ambushes and mandatory AV jumps.

I'd say, other than the inescapable damaging floor and that mandatory Arch-Vile jump, it's actually a good map. The metal hive theme is played really well and the difficulty is usually of the "oh shit!" variety rather than the "this is bullshit!" one, IMO :)