• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
999cop

Yeehaw, Spider-man's movie is out today! & Spiderman broke a record

May 3rd, 2002
Just a thought that we can have a conversation about something cool today :D

Anyone is going to watch that movie tonight? (In U.S.)
I'm going to the movie tomorrow night :)

i'm foregoing the crowded spiderman film at the multiplex for jason x. there's due to be a lot less people, too many people at a theater ruin it for me. besides, i'm a lifetime friday the 13th fan

ah choices, go to prom or see spiderman. fuck the god damn prom! im seeing spiderman. besides prom is for the dimwits to spend $200 in hard earned cash for a night of getting killed by drunk drivers. i have better things to spend my cash on, like spiderman, jason X, blade II and doom3.

Just saw it, and I must say, IT FUCKING RULES!!! Great movie. See it for yourself, I'm not going to ruin it for anyone...

Another great thing: Just got the ruling back from my court case. It took a month for the judge to come up with a verdict. I WON! A one sided court case. I was shot down every time I tried to present my case, but I WON! That's money going to me... Time to FINALLY upgrade my puter. :)

Kirsten Dunst is hot =)

Other than that, I can't really think of a good reason to see this movie right away.

visual effects, spidey suit, much scarier green goblin model(unlike in the comic version), and all kind of actions and romance. Don't those things attract ya?

I'm not saying it won't be a good movie, I just hate seeing things in theaters unless there's a super-great-important reason to see it...at least not on the opening weekend.

just got back from jason x, it was typical friday the 13th fun. btw, there was a doom reference in it!
a group of soldiers are preping to go after jason, and the leader says to one of them: "you got the BFG?"

Archvile64 said:

I'm not saying it won't be a good movie, I just hate seeing things in theaters unless there's a super-great-important reason to see it...at least not on the opening weekend.

The only movies I go to see are movies that are really special - like one of the Star Wars movie or a Lord of The Rings movie.

Congrats elbryan42, let's hope that means you get the ftp on your website under control :-D

Heh, I used to go to cinema once or twice a week. But lately I'm not going that often :/ Cinema r0x0rs :)
Too bad that Spiderman will start here on June 6. >:O

Archvile64 said:

Kirsten Dunst is hot =)

indeed

doomsick said:

just got back from jason x, it was typical friday the 13th fun. btw, there was a doom reference in it!
a group of soldiers are preping to go after jason, and the leader says to one of them: "you got the BFG?"

Yay! A doom reference!

elbryan42 said:

Another great thing: Just got the ruling back from my court case. It took a month for the judge to come up with a verdict. I WON! A one sided court case. I was shot down every time I tried to present my case, but I WON! That's money going to me... Time to FINALLY upgrade my puter. :)

What was this court case about?

About Spider-Man, I never see a movie within the first 3 days of it premiering. I always wait until at least a week after. Nevertheless, I still want to see this movie desperately!

About Jason X, pfft...that probably ruined the whole Friday the 13th saga right there. It doesn't look like a horror movie, just some corny action flick worth laughing at. Of course, that's just my opinion, I could be wrong.[/Dennis Miller ripoff]

About Kirsten Dunst: I'll fourth that. Too bad that nude scene in...gah, I can't remember the name of the movie....anyway, it was a fake rumor; that MPEG on some file sharing programs is a trick. It only consists of audio not having to do with the movie.

Long story. My version. Driving down the street. This old bitch pulls out in front of me. I slam on my brakes, but I still hit her. Small dent behind her driver's door. Dent right in front of my passenger side front wheel. No paint damage. Just dents.

Her version. She pulls out. She's driving and I turn right into her. Hard to believe huh?

Here's the flaws. After the accident I pulled my car over down the block. She pulled back into her spot. So if her version is right, she backed up into incoming traffic and parallel parked on the busiest street in my city. Also, there's the damage. If both of our cars were moving at driving speed there would be paint scraped off of her car, along the side, not in a centralized area.

So you'd think it's looking good for me huh? Court case comes. She testifies. Then I take the bench. During my testimony she kept calling me a liar the whole time. Judge says nothing. BTW, the Judge is an old fart and seemed to have sided with her from the beginning. So I bring up the flaws in her story. He says either "That's not relevant" or "I won't hear that". But then turns around and starts trying to convince me that there's flaws in my story. Ugh... I thought I lost the case for sure.

Another thing. Before we went to court her husband came to my house to try to get me to change my story. He was a total asshole. Luckily I had witnesses that he was there harassing me. At court, I was shouted down, and then the judge turned around and asked the husband his side of the story, but won't hear our side.

BUT after all of this shit, a month after the case, a ruling is FINALLY made. I'm totally innocent, she's totally guilty. Guess the judge thought long and hard about it. :P

Heh elby, you shoulda posted that in R&P so everyone can bitch at how stupid the Justice system is :P .
mmm Spider-Man, I'm going to see it at 5:05 today at our local Cinemark.

Elbryan42...yet another group of people I'm totally pissed at; old "greyhairs" that think the world revolves around them. Shit, my grandpa isn't like that, though at times he bitches about a few things.

It reminds me of the court case scene in The People vs. Larry Flynt, where all the old geezers and the judge were on the same side. If you've seen the movie, you'll know what I mean.

I thought the SPiderMan movie was good but a little slow. Really slow in a couple parts. THe effects were amazing, really well done. For people who watched the old cartoon the first 45 minutes will be slow and boring, but the rest pretty much makes up for it.

I give it a 6.5 out of 10, though if you go the nice setup by all means wait till it comes out on video.

So which villain do you think he should fight in the next one? My vote goes to Venom.

Yes, Venom please.

But seriously we need a few years more of CGI progress to actually even think about him.

Nothing in the world is going to go make me see that movie.

Yeah, I'm with you, too, relik. Venom is one of my favorite Marvel characters. Although it's a villain, I still think everything about Venom is awesome. Its powers, abilities, and its looking really cool. Combine with Carnage would be a lot cooler =]

I was always confused about Venom, half the time he wanted to kill spiderman and ass-rape his dead body, and the other half of the time they were on the same team.

But yeah, a Venom/Carnage thing would be cool, like that one SNES video game that I used to have.

Archvile64 said:

I was always confused about Venom, half the time he wanted to kill spiderman and ass-rape his dead body, and the other half of the time they were on the same team.

But yeah, a Venom/Carnage thing would be cool, like that one SNES video game that I used to have.

I think I know what you are talking about there, those episodes about Venom and Carnage are the ones the most remarkable among the rest. Venom(former, Eddie Brock) tried to kill spiderman was because the hatred of Eddie Brock against Peter Parker(spiderman), who made him lose the job at Jameieson(?), the newspaper publisher, and his apartment as well. Anger combines with that venom alien thing can function powerfully. The other time when they get along was Eddie knew his master, or the fire guy/wizard in green suit who brought venom suit back to earth from space used him and the girl he liked, and eventually, for that girl's sake, Eddie turned against his masters and allied with spiderman to defeat them, including carnage. At last, they(fire guy, green wizard, and carnage) all fell into the portal where it led to another dimension, unfortunately, for saving Eddie's girl from Carnage which he tried to pull her along with him into there, Eddie sacraficed himself and went into the portal along with them to save his love. It was a pretty amazing event, I say.

Funny, I've never read the comic nor seen the TV series in my life, yet I might want to see this one.

AOL News
Man Robs N.Y. Store of Rare Comics

.c The Associated Press

NEW YORK (AP) - As the ``Spider-Man'' movie scaled the box office this weekend, a man robbed a store of rare comic books, including the first issue of ``The Amazing Spider Man.''

Police said a man entered Action Comics in Manhattan on Saturday and approached clerk Stuart Bowler.

The man then reached into a duffel bag and said, ``'I have to show you these things,''' Bowler said. ``I thought he was trying to sell some books, because everyone's always trying to sell books, but then he pulls out a gun.''

Bowler said the man was apologetic as he handcuffed him and took more than $20,000 worth of rare comic books. ``He said, 'I'm sorry. I hate to have to do it this way, but I really need the money,''' Bowler said.

The robber even stopped to unload his gun before heading back out onto the crowded street, he said. Police were still searching for the man.

The movie version of the famed comic book superhero opened in theaters this weekend, pulling in more than $100 million.

05/06/02 11:18 EDT

I haven't seen it yet but I want to. I don't like crowds. Also, the fact that Aerosmith does the theme song is kind of driving me away.

And here's a weird fact:
===================================
SPIDER MAN HAS SET WORLD RECORDS FOR A WEEKEND MOVIE LAUNCH.
===================================

This movie is rediculously successful.

If you go see it, I hear don't leave until the credits are over.

Aerosmith does the theme?

/me dies

I hope things aren't that bad where I'm at now ;)