Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
j4rio

Pcorf community project (pc_cp) demopack [-complevel 9]

Took a quick glance at Map16. Only found 4 of the secrets and just gave up. I'll take another look unless someone does a run of the map.

Nevan said:

Took a quick glance at Map16. Only found 4 of the secrets and just gave up. I'll take another look unless someone does a run of the map.

same as me, did u get all monster killed btw?

Ancalagon said:

Did this yesterday but i was interested in the demo j4rio was doing of this map, so didn't post
map26 max in 12:12

You and your sleazy tricks. ;p
Do 29 as well, I hate the ending of my demo.

blob1024 said:

same as me, did u get all monster killed btw?

blob, just for the record, skepticist managed to get all monsters killed in his fda attempt!
This, along with Tatsurd's NoMo demo, tells that the map is really maxable. The only map left! Go 4 it, Blob :)

oh umh, was wondering if nevan was already working on it ;o
if i see nothing before tonight I'll go for it (or well anybody else feel free to do as well !)

wasted half day for some old cchest demos of mine now .,. 1 left, hopefully done by sleeping time and then "im free" (lol)

j4rio said:

And got losered.

Well, what the hell happened? Can the admins please comment on this situation?

Memfis said:

Well, what the hell happened? Can the admins please comment on this situation?

he started deleting his own posts, which constitutes forum vandalism, so he got losered to mitigate the damage. afaik explanation for his erratic behaviour wasn't given.

There are worse sins against humanity than that. I was certain that he was discovered to cheat or something like that. Whatever.

Cheating? How would that be possible? His MAP25 in 9:49, for example, was very slow.

Anyways, MAP25 in 7:35.
A demo that took me exactly 20 minutes to make (no Anders Johnsen), hence the terrible ending. But that SR50 megaarmor secret is SO annoying that I can't stand looking at this (great) map again.

pc25-735.zip

1ntru said:

But that SR50 megaarmor secret is SO annoying that I can't stand looking at this (great) map again.

yea indeed a cool level, had a look yday- and After a couple tries I started to think I'd need an av jump or a switch would lower the platform, then I finally made the jump and facepalmed **

and rize- did u know the map already before the 20min demorecording or what? to me looks insanely good for just 20min and the ending room IS tough- I advice to sr to the bfg and armour, and then circle run- this would lower the crossfire

blob1024 said:

yea indeed a cool level, had a look yday- and After a couple tries I started to think I'd need an av jump or a switch would lower the platform, then I finally made the jump and facepalmed **

and rize- did u know the map already before the 20min demorecording or what? to me looks insanely good for just 20min and the ending room IS tough- I advice to sr to the bfg and armour, and then circle run- this would lower the crossfire

Hey, yeah! I knew the map throughly, of course!
Before didier did his 9:49, I was trying to get that map done for a few hours (even though 95% of my tries ended on the SR50 jump), and I got a demo in which I had just three Revs left and suicided accidentally with a rocket (time was around 7:00). So I saw didier did it and decided to leave it like it is. Yesterday I got lucky, even though end was terrible :)

1ntru said:

Cheating? How would that be possible? His MAP25 in 9:49, for example, was very slow.

There weren't many options to consider.

1ntru said:

(even though 95% of my tries ended on the SR50 jump)

... but the jump is easy. :p
As long as you get arachno to infight.

pc_jump.zip

dew said:

he started deleting his own posts, which constitutes forum vandalism, so he got losered to mitigate the damage. afaik explanation for his erratic behaviour wasn't given.

Wow. Well, I can't judge him since I don't know his reasons so I'll just say that it is sad to see him go as he produced tons of entertaining demos in many categories...

* downloads all didier's demos from DSDA before it's too late

long story (scroll downside if u dont give a flying fuck about reaZons):

okay guys, came home earlier tonight from work but I got a date (and since it looks rather pussy-promising lol) I'll not be able to play at all tonight *giggles. Tomorrow instead Ive a longer workshift, and then i've still to pack my stuff for a 4 days long larp (yea one of those freaks doing intensive larp, but not one of the cheap groups, 0 interruptions and usually rather brutal and tough eheh). the event last from thursday till sunday, so I wont be able to record the last map untill monday or the likes. If you want to speed it up, go for it, or I'll check it up next week. Just wanted to write it down in case some player is actually leaving the map to me

short story:

cant play doom till monday, if anybody feels the rush, go for last map!

j4rio said:

... but the jump is easy. :p
As long as you get arachno to infight.

No, the jump is hard. At least to me.

If I did the jump as easy as you do, I'd definitely and easily do MAP25 in 6:XX.

Right now, I don't feel like touching that map again AT ALL, thanks to that jump.

1ntru said:

No, the jump is hard. At least to me.

If I did the jump as easy as you do, I'd definitely and easily do MAP25 in 6:XX.

Right now, I don't feel like touching that map again AT ALL, thanks to that jump.

... I've SR40'd that jump multiple times in playtesting? I'm not at home right now so I don't have a demo on-hand. I don't think the final version was altered any, but if you get a good amount of momentum and hug the wall, you shouldn't need SR50 at all. I'm not a big fan of mandatory speed tricks for 100% completion :/

Map16 UV-speed 1:18
So... I found out that it's possible to use wall that hides secret berserk to lower some necessary pillar and skip long trip around the level and go straight to final area. Maybe that "trick" can be used in max demos to get SSG in first 2 minutes but i'm not sure if this will cut some time.

pc16sp-118.zip