Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mystery Man in 3D

Does DOOM take skill?

Sodaholic, is that you?

Well, at least his posts seem to have improved. Still might as well answer the question.

Yes. Quite a bit.

This question is too vague. It depends on various factors including (but not limited to) the map(s), parameters and difficulty settings used.

Of course it take skills, the more you play the better you are.

Dodging revenant's missiles, timing the archvile's blast, not to mention the mancubus flame barrage. most of these takes time to learn and perform, at least for me.

Eris Falling said:

Well, at least his posts seem to have improved. Still might as well answer the question.

His posts or mine?

wads take different degrees of skill. There are wads which can only be completed by players with large bits of learned skills and practice, and others with can be completed by a common house cat.

Doom takes no skill at all. I mean, jeez; there's a map that shows you all of the level you've been in, and you don't even need to aim up or down because the game does it for you. Doom is for NOOBs, bro. There are even enemies who shoot projectiles which can be dodged. What the fuck is that? Noob central, mate.

Alright.

I'm going to wash my brain out with bleach after that. I do apologise.

No. There is no such thing as skill. It is a figment of imagination caused by the illusion of free will.

i found some skills on a dead homeless person once. it completely changed the way i play doom. i still have some, but i'm running low. i may have to buy some more, or find another dead homeless person.

I thought it was three times daily, not to exceed 19 doses per week or more than 1 dose every 12 hours, to be administered as a suppository.

Phobus said:

I thought it was three times daily, not to exceed 19 doses per week or more than 1 dose every 12 hours, to be administered as a suppository.

The pills exist, I just found this old label...

Mystery Man in 3D said:

If so, how much?

About tree fiddy.

In all seriousness, yes, it takes a good amount of skill. It varies from WAD to WAD, but it does indeed take skills.

Not all enemies shoot at you with hitscan weapons, so the answer is no.

Well when I first played Doom, being my first 3D game and a FPS I used the good old cursor keys to turn left/right/forward and back. No strafing was used, didnt even know about it until a few years later when I was more 'experienced' at FPS.

When I came back to Doom and started using strafing the game was soo much easier! I can now easily play on harder levels that I use to get eaten alive before.

So I guess to play Doom you dont need alot of skill, but its much more enjoyable and better when you are more skilful :)

Mystery Man in 3D said:

Very good.

I just wanted to make sure my favorite game of all time was actually a real game, and wasn't solely about senseless killing.

Splendid!

Of course it isn't about senseless killing! You also have to collect keys, and find an exit.

Mogul said:

What kind of fucking retarded thread is this?

Yep.

NoneeLlama said:

Of course it isn't about senseless killing! You also have to collect keys, and find an exit.

I play DOOM for the story.

hex11 said:

I play DOOM for the story.

LOL

To be fair though the manuals do have a nice back story.....sort of!

Reminds me of some thread by a banned troll who asked things like "Who is the map author that makes the map with the most barons".