Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
pickle965

The Alpha Doom Project

Javaguy here again, with Pickle. We're here to tell you about our new Wad edit idea.Remember the old alpha Doom? Well, Pickle and I were making fun of it (and extremely bored), and decided to give it a story line:

The UAC base is still being built. Things aren't finished, and all the workers have gone home for the holidays. However, the poor oppressed Mexican janitors can't afford to go home, so they're still working up there. While they're working, the aliens actually arrive just to see what the place is like before they invade, maybe have a few beers while they're there. Your role is as one of the Mexican janitors, whom conveniently find weapons in the armory, to run around and shoot things. More on this later...

Some friendly fellow janitors sweeping up some slime:

bigbadgangsta said:

You're also a racist

It takes one to know one =), no seriously, 50% of my best pals are either black, asian, hispanic, etc., so I don't think I qualify. The idea of the character was from a hispanic janitor at our school, a real great guy. Sorry if you were offended, we hope we burn in hell.

It'll be good for a laugh, but don't expect it to be taken serious.

put the broom behing the gun and put it at an agle so people actually have a clue of what it is. For the first 2 minutes I thought it was his tounge with some yellow ribbon on the end of it.

orion said:

put the broom behing the gun and put it at an agle so people actually have a clue of what it is. For the first 2 minutes I thought it was his tounge with some yellow ribbon on the end of it.

Heh I thought it was blood mixed up with saliva up until I saw the end of it.

Heheh, when your actually playing you can tell since he makes a sweeping motion. I'll probably remove the gun, since all he does is stand there and sweep since those sprites replace a torch, not an enemy. Maybe Javaguy and I will figure out how to use dehacked and make the janitors move from spot to spot or shoot at enemys to help you out (if thats possible)...

dsm said:

It'll be good for a laugh, but don't expect it to be taken serious.

It's not supposed to be taken seriously. It's just that Pickle always throws me into these big projects that are completely absurd and never get finished.

JavaGuy said:

It's not supposed to be taken seriously. It's just that Pickle always throws me into these big projects that are completely absurd and never get finished.

Heheh, remember "Pokemon DooM" =)

YEah. Hey, I found the sprites for that. The game was going to be Chris Killem, after I drew a picture based on a dream from playing Duke too much at one time, that involved the mass slaughter of pikachus.

The last boss was supposed to be Robotica Madonna, with the Mus file of her song "Dance" (or was it "Music", I can't remember) playing in the backround. Man, I despised that song.

Reminds me too much of my school; almost all the janitors there are dumbass Mexicans who can barely count to save their lives. One of the few white janitors acts more retarded than retarded. He just scares the living shit out of me.

We're not saying anything bad about Mexicans, we're just telling the truth. They get payed shit for unskilled labor, and they work as much as possible so they can send money back to their family. It's really kind of sad, but it does explain why these janitors haven't gone home for vacation like everyone else.

Heh, deathie's Alpha Doom project roxorz, especially since he's letting me use some of the graphics =)

deathwarrior said:

Um...they don't have to give you credit, unless you helped build the Alpha Dooms...you did the Alpha RESOURCE wads, but you didn't make the Alphas themselves, which is what they are using or whatever, bah their idea is weird anyway...

bigbadgangsta said:

Um...they don't have to give you credit, unless you helped build the Alpha Dooms...you did the Alpha RESOURCE wads, but you didn't make the Alphas themselves, which is what they are using or whatever, bah their idea is weird anyway...

Yes, and if they're using the resource wads, which to my knowledge is the only place where the Alpha stuff is availible for editing purposes, then they do have to give Deathie credit.