Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
hardcore_gamer

Recommend me simple, straightforward Pwads.

I am looking for pwads to play, but I don't want to deal with annoying switch hunting, confusing and complex maze like level layouts or puzzles.

Simply put, can you recommend me any pwads that are simplistic and straightforward levels/pwads that don't really require any thinking besides shooting stuff?

Note that this doesn't mean I want to play slaughter levels, but simply simple if not linear levels that have little switch hunting and non-maze like level layouts.

Any suggestions?

Sunder & Speed of Doom are just what you're looking for I think.
Edit: NVM Didn't notice you didn't want slaughter levels. :P Oh well, SoD is still a good pick.

BlazingPhoenix said:

Sunder & Speed of Doom are just what you're looking for I think.
Edit: NVM Didn't notice you didn't want slaughter levels. :P Oh well, SoD is still a good pick.

Do you have a link for Sunder? I'm not much of a slaughtermap player myself, but it looks interesting.

Anyways:

-Sapphire: Orbital Research
-Thunderpeak Powerplant
-Epic

Hopefully those are to your taste.

Demonfear should fit the bill.

Possibly Scimitar and Coffee Break from what I've read too but someone who's played them should confirm.

I wouldn't recommend Demonear for you now cause there's a lot of switches on almost erry level, and they are pretty cramped. Still an interesting megawad that you should check out.

Try my Blood on marble, i designed it when i was in your mood: 99% linear medium map without switch-huntin' and with only a shotgun, berserk, and mostly imps. Theme is green marble plus two hellish outdoor areas, some platforming elements like crushers and pits, but no jumping required. SAVE AT LEAST ONCE GODDANG IT, it's not easy and you can easily forget about crushers.

Coffee Break

Could do. Also vote for Scythe.

Wads by This guy. His style is as straight-forward as it can get!!!

Also seconding Scythe, Speedy Shit, and Coffee Break.

See also: Vanguard, Lunatic, Trooper's Playground, UAC Ultra, and Base Ganymede.

I managed to get lost multiple times in UAC Ultra. YMMV. It is a great wad either way.