Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Laimiz

wintex --> .mus --> .mid

what the hell? on wintex, i tried to load up a midi for map01, but it asked for D_RUNNIN.MUS! I only have midi's damn it!

You need to have the .midi to .mus program and import the file after and your midi must be called the same name that the .mus song (ex: D_RUNNIN). I'm not sure if you can put midis in wintex cause I never got the feel of that program. I prefer XWE or DeepSea because you can put the midi file with the name of the map without converting it to .mus format.

Guys, this is probably one of the Wintex issues that throws a lot of people, and there is a standard work-around. Instead of trying to load the midi as a music entry, first load it as a data entry and then rename it, like this:

1. In Wintex, load your wad. Click on the "data" button.
2. Go to edit, load entry from file. Type in the name "colormap".
3. Display all files, find your .mid file and load it.
4. Go to "Guru only", rename entry. Type d_runnin.
5. Exit, which saves.

Open the wad again and you'll see the d_runnin entry as music. It had been originally loaded as data, which did not do any checks on the file format, and then the renaming to d_runnin allowed Wintex to see it as a music entry.

Zdoom allows more music possibilities and control via the mapinfo lump, but the above steps should work fine for all doom ports including doom2.exe.

Or if you want an easier way I could e-mail you the midi2mus exe, then all you have to do is put it in your wintex folder, tell wintex where to find it (mabye), then just load midi's directly into your wad, They will automatically be converted to mus files. (I had the same trouble with wintex when I first got it)

I forgot to add that you can drag and drop midi's into the midi2mus exe and it will produce an mus. :) I hope that helps.

thank you biffy dude, it all worked, and CARNAGE's tip also worked! =)

cool, Prodigy-Breathe is playing on map01 ;) ghehe...

When I make maps for myself, I tend to put mp3 that I made in my maps, it's much better that midis. Now I'm just wondering, is it possible with Wintex too to put Mp3 ?

Mp3, yes with Wintex, in just the same way as the midi. Load as data, colormap an acceptable name, then rename the entry. If you want to use a name for the mp3 entry other than the standard doom/doom2 music names, you have to use a mapinfo data lump to tell zdoom what the music name is.
You can use the setmusic command in a script or as a special to change the music while in the same map (with zdoom).