Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Reisal

Iracunda - Unfinished & up for grabs

This map was meant to be for E2M6 but during development I lost my interest to finish it, so I am posting it here so it is not confined to my hard drive forever and hope somebody on the forums has desire to work on it and finish it. If anyone does, they must also credit me for starting it and partially building the map.

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?y8bdbjz6l7l94wd

Screens:

Darn. If you had posted this a month ago, I would have nabbed it for TNT2. But now that mapset is all full up.

Looks like a good map. I'll download to have a look, but I'll leave it for someone else to actually finish.

KiiiYiiiKiiiA said:

Darn. If you had posted this a month ago, I would have nabbed it for TNT2. But now that mapset is all full up.

Looks like a good map. I'll download to have a look, but I'll leave it for someone else to actually finish.

That would have been interesting.

Saliva said:

That's a nice map you've got there. Too bad you don't finish it yourself though.

Yea, I think my mapping mojo hit a massive block during that time. This map was meant as a series (all on /idgames/ that was completed) that was supposed to go all the way to E2M8 (E2M9 was done tho) but might consider taking all the maps and stuffing them into one WAD file.

If you are interested in checking out my previous episodic effort, check this out, it covers E1M1 all the way to E3M4 (sans secret maps). At that time it was some of my best efforts but now I see it as my first attempt at a megawad.

If it's Boom format like the others, maybe it could work as one of the Ultimate Freedoom E2 slots (maps 3 and 5-9 are just some lame 1-sector placeholder right now).

i think i can make something out of this, is a really good base to start with, if i find the way to convert it to the doom-in-hexen format i could add some (read a lot) npcs, some (also read a lot) scripted events and merge it into a project i was working to. i am terrible when come to draw a military style map, but i needed one that could work as a "Strife style" hub, it will take some time anyway... if i effectly use it, first i will pm you or something and after i will send to you the mapset

hex11 said:

If it's Boom format like the others, maybe it could work as one of the Ultimate Freedoom E2 slots (maps 3 and 5-9 are just some lame 1-sector placeholder right now).

It's currently vanilla if I recall. If you want to, go right ahead.

Cacowad said:

i think i can make something out of this, is a really good base to start with, if i find the way to convert it to the doom-in-hexen format i could add some (read a lot) npcs, some (also read a lot) scripted events and merge it into a project i was working to. i am terrible when come to draw a military style map, but i needed one that could work as a "Strife style" hub, it will take some time anyway... if i effectly use it, first i will pm you or something and after i will send to you the mapset

By all means do so.