Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Avoozl

Woman runs over husband for not voting

Doom Marine said:

Misconstruing other people's quotes into a bunch of blablabla is the end of civil discussion and will get you reported, don't even beat around the bush. No matter how loaded a discourse may go, there is a line that you generally don't cross. Most intelligent debaters know this unwritten line, figure it out.

As far as I'm concerned this "line" was already crossed by you yesterday. Not surprisingly, we differ in where it's drawn and how to handle ourselves when it's overstepped. It would be nice if you had the courtesy to apologise for what you called me, but that's not a demand, nor is it so egregious a crime to warrant a report. I might suggest that pots don't call kettles out for being black, but it's probably falling on deaf ears.

Doom Marine said:

You still haven't answered the question. There is no mutual understanding, there is you lacking a foundation in constructing an argument, spouting unsubstantiated claims, and there are several people calling you out on it.

Currently I see one person insisting on something that, as I've repeated ad nauseum, I'm more than happy to humour him over. If you want a thread about it, go and make one. I'll respond, and you're welcome to juxtapose whatever I have to say with whatever you have to offer. Whether it will stop there I find unlikely, as at this stage I'm convinced there's more going on here than what you care to be open about; no one in the entire history of people I've conversed with on the internet has had as much of a disproportionate grievance with an non-critical issue as you do over this. But I'll play along.

I'll concede that it was a mistake to post what I did, but for vastly different reasons than the ones you seem to think. You're exhausting.

DoomUK said:
As far as I'm concerned this "line" was already crossed by you yesterday.

Yeah, I was going to suggest not even replying today.

Doom Marine said:
Misconstruing other people's quotes into a bunch of blablabla is the end of civil discussion and will get you reported, don't even beat around the bush.

DoomUK said:

As far as I'm concerned this "line" was already crossed by you yesterday. Not surprisingly, we differ in where it's drawn and how to handle ourselves when it's overstepped. It would be nice if you had the courtesy to apologise for what you called me, but that's not a demand, nor is it so egregious a crime to warrant a report. I might suggest that pots don't call kettles out for being black, but it's probably falling on deaf ears.

So you're not going to misquote me in frustration again I take it? Now we're making progress!

It wouldn't be nice for me to apologize to you for what I really meant, because that's just changing up my honest evaluation of your faults, and I'm doing you more a favor by being as blunt as possible.

There is no teapot calling the kettle black, there is me calling you out for your vague statements without backing it up with evidence and tying it together with logic. Get it right.

DoomUK said:

Currently I see one person insisting on something that, as I've repeated ad nauseum, I'm more than happy to humour him over. If you want a thread about it, go and make one. I'll respond, and you're welcome to juxtapose whatever I have to say with whatever you have to offer. Whether it will stop there I find unlikely, as at this stage I'm convinced there's more going on here than what you care to be open about; no one in the entire history of people I've conversed with on the internet has had as much of a disproportionate grievance with an non-critical issue as you do over this. But I'll play along.

I'll concede that it was a mistake to post what I did, but for vastly different reasons than the ones you seem to think. You're exhausting.

What else is there going on? I'm calling you out for your poor ability to construct an argument and that you need to fix it. What's so exhausting about presenting an argument with due evidence and a thesis that follows such?

Ok, I give up. I submit to defeat. You win.

You're unwilling to take me up on my offer, you're unwilling to accept any kind of argument NOT related to the thorn in your side without covering your ears and shouting "I CAN'T HEAR YOU". You're unwilling to do anything except stretch the same tired, boring argument out into infinity.

DoomUK said:

Ok, I give up. I submit to defeat. You win.

You're unwilling to take me up on my offer, you're unwilling to accept any kind of argument NOT related to the thorn in your side without covering your ears and shouting "I CAN'T HEAR YOU". You're unwilling to do anything except stretch the same tired, boring argument out into infinity.

http://media.giantbomb.com/uploads/0/1072/205620-carz_2008_07_22_12_34_26_82_super.jpg

I don't want you to do any of that, I just want you to construct an argument with proper evidence that supports your thesis. This isn't about negotiations or offer, it's about correcting your methodology of debate.

Someone loves getting the last word in, don't they?

Doom Marine said:

This isn't about negotiations or offer

The very thing you're so vehemently and tirelessly asking for has been offered, but you've turned your nose up at it. If you're insistent on dragging this out until either one or both of us are on the verge of a mental breakdown, then at least have the courtesy the read the posts that you're responding to and acknowledge all that's being said.

The only explanation I can think of for your relentless obstination is that there IS another agenda going on here, but there's enough equine carcasses in this thread already. I give up trying to reason with you, let alone figure anything else out.

DoomUK said:

Someone loves getting the last word in, don't they?

The very thing you're so vehemently and tirelessly asking for has been offered, but you've turned your nose up at it. If you're insistent on dragging this out until either one or both of us are on the verge of a mental breakdown, then at least have the courtesy the read the posts that you're responding to and acknowledge all that's being said.

The only explanation I can think of for your relentless obstination is that there IS another agenda going on here, but there's enough equine carcasses in this thread already. I give up trying to reason with you, let alone figure anything else out.

Offer? Sorry we're gonna have to back that up. You must be confused. The very thing that I ask for is for you to present an argument, and back it up with evidence, and linking your thesis to the evidence, so far you haven't done that.

Agenda? You're second guessing yourself time and again. Take off your tinfoil hat buddy, I'm telling you that how you approach your argument is logically faulty, and if you're going to to present an argument, do it correctly by citing sources and linking your thesis to such sources.

Let me simplify my message down to its very essence, this is what you need to do:
Argument -> Supporting Evidence -> Link Evidence to Thesis

Take this not as a compromise or offer, but me correcting your debating skills.

Doom Marine said:

You must be confused

Doom Marine said:

Take off your tinfoil hat buddy

Doom Marine said:

correcting your debating skills

Seriously, find fresh pastures to troll. Or better yet, go out and get laid. Already done it? Do it again.

DoomUK said:

Seriously, find fresh pastures to troll. Or better yet, go out and get laid. Already done it? Do it again.

So... you're done?

I'm merely pointing out your flaws and pointing to how you can correct it, once again:
Argument -> Supporting Evidence -> Link Evidence to Thesis