Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dlawrence

Official id Game Shirts

I distinctly remember Jonesing for one of those old Doom t-shirts they had back in the 90s, even though they were white. And I've seen Doom 3 shirts, and possibly Quake shirts.

The question is, would they ever make these available again? I personally would kill for a authentic classic Doom logo and a Quake II logo shirt, possibly through a company like Jinx (who are handling all the Blizzard merch now). Just look at what Valve is doing with their apparel lines; id could be taking the same approach.

I saw a recent Facebook picture of John Romero with a guy who was wearing a Doom shirt. I commented asking if it's still possible to get those shirts. He told me he got that shirt a long time ago as a promotional thing when Doom came out, he never actually wore it until the day of that photo. Couldn't get any more information than that though.

I got mine about 3 years ago from the idsoftware website. White t-shirt with a big Doom logo on the front, and blue and white idsoftware logo on the back. At the time I got it, they only had Small and Extra Large left, naturally I got the small and it doesn't fit me anymore :/

It's possible to get custom made T-Shirts though. A friend of mine got me a T-Shirt with the PSX Doom art on it two years ago as a birthday present through a website that lets you paste images on a T-Shirt template, then they make it for you and mail it to you. You could do something like that if you really want. Just be careful of what images you pick though, the PSX Doom art my friend chose has the GT Interactive logo, Playstation Logo, and PAL logo on it, which makes it a little weird to look at on a shirt.

Didn't the ones worn by id staff have something like "Made it" on the back because they, well, made Doom? Or is that just a brain fart on my behalf?

I think Masters of Doom said they had "wrote it" on the back.

edit: yeah I see it once on page 176

Tonight, Carmack watched the guy in the "Wrote It" shirt walk out the door.

I got some doom shirts:
-white Doom 2 shirt
-Final Doom shirt with screaming yellow head
-original Doom black shirt with text"nothing can save you"
-Doom 3 xbox shirt
-Doom 3 pc version shirt with signature from staff member

those shirts I remember but I'm not sure if theres more somewhere in my apartment

I just think id is missing out on some ideal merchandising opportunities here: Doom t-shirts, hats, action figures, weapon replicas, stickers... imagine the possibilities...

dlawrence said:

I just think id is missing out on some ideal merchandising opportunities here: Doom t-shirts, hats, action figures, weapon replicas, stickers... imagine the possibilities...

I wish those Doom movie figures were easier to come by.

I have a recently made Doom shirt from 'Swag City' (the only place I could find one for sale). Very good quality though. Logo is a lot larger on the shirt than what's shown on the website.

I managed to snag a $20 "Doom" shirt--black, with the old school logo in front--at the most recent QuakeCon. However, it appears to be an iron-on, so I won't be wearing or washing it anytime soon.

princetontiger said:

I bought one of the original id Game shirts.

Should I list it on eBay?

The size is XL

Why not, if you've no sentimental attachment to the shirt. But first send it to me for authentication and a size check, I'm an XL. ;-)

Up until maybe three, four years ago, id had a merch shop on their page. It's since been removed. I've been jonesing for a doom shirt too. :(

i'll take pictures of it tonight!

i remember id found them in their basement a few years ago

i'll post some pics and see what you guys think.

I bought the XL because the S size was sold out.

I wore it 2 or 3 times, but it looks a little worn on top. nothing crazy.

antares said:

Back when Quake came out, they had ads with this promo photo.

Does anyone know if those sweaters were ever for sale, or did they just produce some for the photo op?

Only Id sweater I have seen was custom made Doom sweater which was sold by former Id worker

GoatLord said:

I managed to snag a $20 "Doom" shirt--black, with the old school logo in front--at the most recent QuakeCon. However, it appears to be an iron-on, so I won't be wearing or washing it anytime soon.

That sounds like the same ones Swag-city sells, but the site says it is not a cheap iron-on. I changed my mind at the last moment and got my refund.