Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MasterofJKD

ACS sound help

I'm currently revising a map I was working on a few months ago. It takes place in space, and there's a part where the player enters and he's outside in space, I already have anti-gravity where he can jump pretty high. But there's one thing missing, the sound...
I want to make the sector where if the player shoots, or if monsters shoot or make any sound that it is muted, but only in this sector. Is there an ACS command to help me do this?

Obsidian said:

Maybe have a DeepWater thing in the sector? You can jump high and all sounds are muted. :)

Deepwater has never muted sounds. It does make sounds playback with a lowpass filter and dropped frequency (sound is played back slower), however.

Will this sectorsilencer thing also mute all the sounds produced within the sector? Say someone outside that sector can hear what's going on inside it. That would look bad.

Blue Shadow said:

Also, don't forget the drowning factor with DeepWater.

You can pass it off as the effects of deep space. :D

Krispy said:

Will this sectorsilencer thing also mute all the sounds produced within the sector?

Yes. What it doesn't do is mute things outside of the sector if you are in one.

Blue Shadow said:

Try putting SectorSilencer thing in the sector.

The sector silencer worked absolutely perfectly, the revision of my first map is finally complete thank you so much. I thought it would be alot more complicated, but I didn't think to look in the "things" menu.