Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Spike

Female Doomers...

Obvious question, really... how many members on DoomWorld are actually female?
The reason for asking? I met my g/f (now wife) some time ago, and was a bit funny bout mentioning the whole Doom thing - til i found out that she'd played the N64, PS, SNES and PC versions of the game. She is, in fact, the other half of Room On The Left, working with me on The Underworld megawad for Jdoom, and she's responsible for at least half of the ideas and a good few levels (most notably map02, 'Blood Keep').
So, anyone else with similar experiences?

Before you ask, i accidently posted this thread on 'editing', so i shifted it :)

If I had a girlfriend that played and edited doom, I would NOT let her go.

Ever.

EVER.

But then again I'd be lucky just to find a girlfriend that played bejewelled so whatever.

Jay (Vampirajay) says she loved Bejewelled too...
Is that bad???

Don't worry dude, i ain't never letting this lady go :)

Heh, tell that to her!
Trust me mate, it's bliss.

I'll rephrase that - it's bliss til she kicks you off the PC so she can get some of her own bloody levels finished... :)

Yeh tell me about it, modders, the mrs, often keeps me off the pc for 3 or 4 hours while she plays, and it's the times I want to play, 10pm to 1 or 2 am, after that time you are struggling to find a decent player, GMT+1 hour I mean, but I agree, there are quite a few real female doomers, modders, charlotte, bahdko, sentry, that nice girl doing the RoboCop conversion, one or two I knew, may not play now, Bandit,stardust... ? What's your mrs called spike?

Her handle on here is Vampirajay - doubt she'll get many posts on tho, she'll have to force me off with a crowbar, MWAHAHAHAH... etc.
On another subject, Fodd, are you british?

Heh...this girl I got a crush on has begun playing Doom DM during lunch at our school. A couple problems though:
1) She has a boyfriend
2) No-one will tell me where the f*** the room they play in is.

Meh...maybe its about time I bust out my mad interrogation skillz.

the_Danarchist said:

Heh...this girl I got a crush on has begun playing Doom DM during lunch at our school. A couple problems though:
1) She has a boyfriend
2) No-one will tell me where the f*** the room they play in is.

Meh...maybe its about time I bust out my mad interrogation skillz.

Heh, there's like a little LAN room in your school? I envy you =)

"And women, bless your hearts, you're always trying to make us feel better: 'Oh hon it's not the size of the ship, it is the MOTION of the ocean'...Well that may be true, but it takes a LONG time to get to England in a rowboat!" - Jeff Foxworthy

LMAO!

Umm, let's see. The ones I remember:
Katarhyne (aka Kat)
Red_warrior
Modders (Fod's wife)
Circus reject (or something like that I think)

There were at least two others, but I've forgotten. These people almost never post here it seems to me - the most active is definitely Kat, but afaik she hasn't been here in quite a while.

/Me goes to the main Doomworld forums screen
/Me sees no ZDaemon forum

Is there something I was supposed to know or am I just plain blind?

dsm said:

the most active is definitely Kat, but afaik she hasn't been here in quite a while.

Want me to ask Bahd to post something?

Is Bahd a female?
No, no need to bother her.

...and black is white, up is down, I can spell, and computers are eatable. excuse me wile i kiss the sky.

if she is real... could there be others?

Ct_red_pants said:

...and black is white, up is down, I can spell, and computers are eatable. excuse me wile i kiss the sky.

if she is real... could there be others?

Hey man, dw members don't come with a sign that says "I'm female"/"I'm male", so how the fuck would I know? I don't remember having seen any posts indicating that Bahd is a woman.

Doom and Bejeweled are all fine and dandy but for the love of all that is holy don't teach a chick how to play Bust A Move. Missed a good movie.

It's bad when you give a chick another reason to not let you poison her with your baby batter. Too busy playing games. Humph. That's a bitch when she ends up leaving because you won't quit playing Secret of Mana.

At first glance you'd think it'd be nice to have a girlie that plays games with you. But there's always some downsides:

1. Sharing. Luckily I have every game console made in the last two decades and a nice computer so something'll always be free.

2. Winning. Do it too much and she gets pissed and frustrated.

3. Losing. Do it too much and she gets all braggy and bossy like it actually means something in the fucking relationship.

4. Buying. You can't get the new Resident Evil for Gamecube because her car needs some new tires and she can't get Gun Valkyrie because she'd end up divorcing you if you let her play it.

Sure it sounds piddley to you, but I'd like to see you try to balance the win/loss ratio in Street Fighter Alpha 2 over a two and a half hour gaming session. Jesus Christ she was good with Akuma, she literally punched me when I beat her with Dan. She punched me again when I made a joke about a rematch and 'Where do I put the quarter?'.

Don't game properly and half the time you won't get any. Fuck the games, they're broken honey, let's go to the drive in. It's not so much about winning or losing it's about keeping her Goddamn mood swings in check. It's hard enough with liquor and your tongue let alone a gamepad.

It'd probably have been more fun sitting down with her parents planning out our 'life plan' or listen to her talk about her period for nineteen hours to the first five seconds of the Super Mario Brothers theme on loop.

I'm glad I broke my CD of Ultimate Doom at the time, she had this thing against Quake and if I had to coop cover her ass from E1M1 to E4M8 I probably would've just pissed on my Pentium and been done with it.

Bust A Move. Keep it away from her. Trust me.

Best one was when I had to lug nintendo+games six miles to get to wend's house because "she wasn't well" (ie: hangover) and needed something to do. Then she st and played mario kart for maybe five minutes before deciding to spew all over her bed ("motion sickness")

Keep your woman away from that computer... ultimately, it will inflict only pain upon you.

Goddamnit, I've never had a GF that liked games...well...not computer games anyway...

"wanna play a game"
"wanna play doctor ;)"

^_^

dsm said:
Umm, let's see. The ones I remember:
Katarhyne (aka Kat)
Red_warrior
Modders (Fod's wife)
Circus reject (or something like that I think)

Sorry dude, I talk to her often, and she just doesn't come to Doomworld any more. she's busy on her hobby. Her page is redshideout.com

deadnail said:

the first five seconds of the Super Mario Brothers theme on loop.

Dammit! now I have that god awful tune stuck in my head! AAIIEEEE!