Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
gruntkiller4000

The Official 'Trying to Find a Specific WAD' Thread

There was an old ~1996 wad. You began in the centre of the map, and you could exit the level straight away, because the exit switch was sunk into the ground, and I guess that the author didn't know that you could hit a switch from any height, before it was raised. The level consisted of indoors and outdoors, 4 relatively identical areas N,S,E and W from the start. IT was all very wood themed, dark and I have a feeling the title might have had the word 'star' in in, though don't quote me on that. It might have been designed as a co-op wad possibly.

grouchbag said:

The very, Very latest version of Unloved 2? Thanks!

You'll be able to download it from the 2013 Cacowards.

See. That wasn't hard to find at all. :P

KiiiYiiiKiiiA said:

and you could exit the level straight away, because the exit switch was sunk into the ground, and I guess that the author didn't know that you could hit a switch from any height, before it was raised

Sounds like a map from one of the Hell Revealeds (I think), doubt thats what your looking for though

KiiiYiiiKiiiA said:

You began in the centre of the map, and you could exit the level straight away, because the exit switch was sunk into the ground, and I guess that the author didn't know that you could hit a switch from any height, before it was raised.

Man it reminds me of a map; but I forgot the name. It's frustrating.

Though it probably wasn't the same map anyway as I seem to remember it was something I found in a newstuff chronicle.

Ummm...Wait a minute.The 2013 Caco Awards? Are you kidding? Not to be rude (very sorry if I seem to be),but it's 2012.Maybe you were thinking of the first one.I was talking about the second one.Sorry.

grouchbag said:

Ummm...Wait a minute.The 2013 Caco Awards? Are you kidding?

He was. Unloved 2 isn't finished yet. ;)

But you can find a beta in this thread.

#1: I know I found it years ago, but I already forgot what the wad was called. I think it was a 1-episode replacement(or maybe even a short Doom 2 "Megawad") - I know the title screen had the WAD name labeled on top of the regular Ultimate Doom title screen, in big blue or green letters.

The final boss or maybe it was a secret level boss was a "baby Cyberdemon"

I always get nostalgia thinking about this wad, and I've found it twice before, but I keep forgetting what it's called.

#2: This one IS a Doom 2 MegaWAD and the first level had "Stray Cat Strut" in MIDI form for the music, and the level used GRAY textures mostly from what I remember- Unfortunately that is the only part I can remember.

Any help finding these two would be awesome. Thanks guys!

Well, this thread has been very helpful so I'll ask for one myself.

Recently I've been nostalgia-ing over a wad, it was for Doom 2 and I remember it having at least 8 maps.
The theme was metallic/space-ish, kinda hard-slaughtery gameplay.

There was a lot of Metallica music, and I remember map02 having an elevator leading to a cyberdemon in a brown-metal room.

The final boss fight, I think, was a transparent SS Nazi replacement that shoots plasma on a space sky.

And for the guy who asked, here's a working link of MAYhem 2012, uploaded by yours truly:
http://www.speedyshare.com/2fFEa/MAYhem2012.wad

Hope you enjoy it (and map12 specifically :P )

Hi, I remember playing a wad or megawad about 10 years ago where the final map had the Gargantua monster from Half-Life (I think) and the music Midnight Train was playing. Very vague I know, just wondered if anyone knew which map/wad this was.

I'm trying to find the latest WAD of "The Cobra Episodes - Volume 5" (Beta #2 or Beta #3). I remember that the files were called cobra2_5b02.zip and cobra2_5b03.zip.

The latest beta would be best. Does anybody here have them?

Thanks in advance.

I slightly remember some singleplayer pwad, maybe even for coop. It started outside in snowy landscape, later you progressed into base, some cravling in ventilation. There was a empty room with endless pit like bottom and you could see that room from hole in ventilation. Also some maps were focused around a big lift. The lift broke in halfway down and you played one map to restart it, then the player escaped the base and were escaping on roof of the base while atacked by arachnotrons.

so uhmmm any clue?

Hi fellow Doomers,
I used to play Doom in the early days when it came out and I loved it all of course; Doom 1, Doom 2 and various third party wads.

I need your help here locating a Wad I downloaded in the 1990s but I've lost since. It was my favourite Wad even though it was simple and in the early days of Wad making.

Description (from what I can remember !): You start off in a dark room with lots of monsters (with their backs to you I seem to recall), you fight and kill them as there's plenty of ammo and health boxes in the room. Then (and here's the fun bit), you go on an elevator to a small window and you hide behind the window and have a go at killing a whole bunch of monsters, and baddies of all kinds which are very very far away. You hide behind the window and snipe at them. After that, you get out of that window to a vast expanse outside, to yet more fighting with baddies.
Please excuse my very rough description ! and I thank anyone in advance for their help, and happy doooooooooooming to all.
Oh, I can't remember if it was a Doom 1 or Doom 2 Wad.

I think this mod was for doom; zdoom or gzdoom. Maybe it's name was Generic Disaster or something. Can somebody find this wad's name? I am currently scanning through hundreds of wads to find it. Sorry for the post after a couple of years..

I'm trying to find a three level wad, I cannot for the life of me remember what it's called. MAP01 started just outside a house in which the player could go to the second floor, it was built for Vanilla Doom, I can't remember what happened in MAP02, but in MAP03, the player ended the map at the house from MAP01, but said house was destroyed. I think this wad was interviewed in a newstuff thing about 2 years ago.

EDIT: To Mad Butcher underneath me, thank you! That's what I was looking for.

Actually, I want the Doom Vercetti v1.7, not the latest one. The link you gave me gives me a latest version of Doom Vercetti.

There was one I saw a few years ago, replaced the difficulty selection and episode select with a mini-level like the one quake 1 had (go through this door for easy, this one for normal, etc). Anyone know where it went?