Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kmc

Doom The Way Id Did Pack

No, just not where I was looking for holes to plug =P

But since you asked for some Episode 2 action, I went ahead and knocked this one out.

E2M7 UV-Max in 7:22

i2d7-722.zip

Let's get it rolling again!

E2M6 in 5:49

I did a little time making sure everything was dead, and I did get turned around once, so it's improvable. Hoping this route is the best route through the map.

i2d6-549.zip

Thanks for recording my map, sorry you didn't like it as much. The original e2m5 has some fairly big shoes to fill, a very striking and memorable map.

It's good, but it's not my cup of tea. I DO like the atmosphere in the map for sure! It maintains that feeling that the rest of Episode 2 of DTWiD does, and still feels like UDoom's Episode 2. So I applaud you in the success on that. I'd say the biggest reason it's not one of my favorites is that I'm just not good at punching out Cacodemons haha. If I weren't trying to play this for time, I'd probably enjoy it way more =)

E1M5 in 2:43

I just want to update that all future entries should be current record-beating demos. I allowed non-record at first, under the impression that people would be motivated to improve them (as Ancalagon did with e1m8), but some others have seemed to interpret this as meaning that this is not a serious demo pack.

i1d5-243.zip

E1M9 UV Max in 3:42
Definitely negative points for forgetting to submit a demo for this map when this demopack idea was born.
edit - Ok disregard this demo, just checked my command prompt line "compleve 3", so normal pr-boom settings used and I guess invalidates the demo. Will record again.

i1d9-342.zip

It's more emotional and interesting when you record something only to find out there was something like "-recor shit" in command prompt.

j4rio said:

It's more emotional and interesting when you record something only to find out there was something like "-recor shit" in command prompt.

I fail to much for that to be a problem haha
Anyway E1M9 UV Max in 3:33
Sub 3:30 is pretty much game on from here. Lost a second on the final imp. @2:20, grade A use of explosive barrel there :)

i1d9-333.zip

@cannonball: Dude, nice job. I'm glad to see another name on the list here, and that I kinda inspired you to post up where you were planning in the first place. And don't worry about apologizing, you had a solid run and you cut a lot of wasted time out of mine with a better planned route towards the end. Again, nice job =)

Hey, what happened to e1m6,e3m9 demos and DT posts? Can someone reupload?

vdgg said:

Hey, what happened to e1m6,e3m9 demos and DT posts? Can someone reupload?

Here

*Removed by request 10/29/2012*

Yeah I'm curious myself what happened to those, noticed it the other day.

DidierTranber requested that his demos be removed, so E3M9 and E1M6 are undone.

E1M6 Reactor complex UV Max in 4:08
I wanted sub 4 minutes but beating Didiertranber's previous time was pretty tough especially as this map can be tricky to do quickly.

i1d6-408.zip

This map is a bitch. Need luck with rocket strikes, monster movement and positioning so you don't miss anything in the first half. Not to mention I hate killing imps with the shotgun. They always seem to take an entire shot and then laugh as they tear my face off. I tired of this map for now...
Trying again got 4:12, but an imp cost me about ten seconds by doing a lap round a large pillar costing me my ride on a lift back to the yk door

Here's an honestly horrible demo for e3m6 that's 40 seconds faster than the current record. I don't have time to play now, but maybe somebody will get inspired. There are many route possibilities here, at least 30 seconds can be cut off.

i3d6-403.zip

Damn, I completely forgot about this. I need to work on some maps again, huh? All the studying and comparison I've done on BFG Edition's UD/D2 to vanilla UD/D2 has had me a bit busy and distracted and side-tracked.

I'll try to have something posted within the week.

...or not within the week. Completely forgot I'm doing a huge thing for the 25th Anniversary of the Mega Man franchise this week on my channel. I'll have something before Christmas then =)

NoobBait, question: How come you don't have your own E3M6 listed in the original post? Or is it an oversight?

Altima said:

NoobBait, question: How come you don't have your own E3M6 listed in the original post? Or is it an oversight?

That wasn't any serious attempt, the demo itself is too hideous for me to include.