Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TimeOfDeath

Doomworld Mega Project - /idgames link is up

Space Corridor v2

Here goes. Started editing the final room, playtested, and it kind of snowballed from there, going back and forth with several little tweaks here and there.

Almost finished with mine, although not by the end of this month as I had planned! I'll have it ready by mid-December at the latest, or I'm going to be cutting my hands off.

I have two others to contribute which are much, much smaller though.

Well here we are:

That's pretty much it -- just needs some testing and (perhaps) tweaking, but it's as good as complete now. Anyone who spots the Easter Egg gets... well you get nothing except a mention in the text file. I don't know.

cannonball said:

Bean Version 3
http://www.mediafire.com/?0doja5o2o4c7uny
Still sucks but at least it archives the first map I ever made :P

It's not bad, but without knowing about the secrets ammo is stupidly scarce in places. I had to punch things out in situations I wouldn't normally think of using anything short-ranged.

Anyway, here's one to tide everyone over for 10 seconds while I make a few last fixes to my 'main' submission:
http://www.speedyshare.com/JVtqY/bos-easy.zip
EDIT: hurrrrr forgot DM starts.

If you're wondering why it's 10 seconds...

Whoops, I forgot to add a box of shells or 2 whilst cleaning up the map
http://www.mediafire.com/?vz6wcibucfr2uwr
Yeah ammo should be better balanced with more bullets and shells throughout. Also changed the ammo and health distribution in play and in the secrets.
Also cleaned up the sectors in certain areas
At least it's a bit better :P

After much umm'ing and ahh'ing, here it is:
http://speedy.sh/dnQA9/bos-hive.zip
That took far too long to get out the door.

It's not exactly a small/medium map, nor is it a short one to play through... in fact it should take at least half an hour to get by, and that's once you know what you're doing. Hmmm. May have overdone things here.

As far as I can tell it's bug-free in PrBoom, Doom Legacy and ZDoom(-based) ports. Co-op works fine too. Deathmatch is a no-no.

This going to happen next year as well? If so start the thread early so we can get the jump on things ya I didn't do anything this year but I'll be the first to sign up next :)

Final Version A: DMP2012a.zip

map01-10 = vanilla/limit-removing
map11-29 = boom
map30-36 = zdoom

Yeah, I'll probably start a thread on Jan 1st for the next one. Thanks to everyone who was interested and contributed!

I'm so damn close to finishing a map for this, but I'm leaving for a computer-less home in a day. And I wanna play XCOM before I do that. Oh, dilemma.

a mixed bag for sure, but definitely some quality levels up in there. In particular I really enjoyed maps 02, 12, 13, and 27. Also 21 was very pretty

Congrats everyone - Glad to have contributed. I'd put Abraxas in my top 3 favorite maps that I've made.

yay this is out :)
Oh crap my map is map01, I apologise in advance for everyone who has to suffer that map (it's the first map I ever made), maybe everyone should idclev02 that level.

cannonball: actually i have enjoied that ;)

who made map 06 is a fence feticist, i liked that.

i will probably submit a map for the next season ;P

Ribbiks said:

a mixed bag for sure

That was the goal of the project, as many mappers as possible. :)
It's too bad more mappers didn't contribute, but 36 different mappers ain't bad!