Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Shanoa

Post your Doom picture! [post in Part 2 instead]

Harmata said:

Wow, Megahealth is gay.

I'm not sure how to take that. It was inspired by this thing I've been seeing in Firefox start page:

Few days ago, I just thought, that looks like it could fit as a health powerup item... The smaller ones also have hearts, and then also red plus , just so it could possibly annoy the Red Cross organization, if this thing ever becomes complete & popular... I'll also want to have red plusses in stimpacks and medikits. I think it's completely retarded for them to demand people to stop using such a common symbol in art/etc. Imagine if some organization decided to use a red heart in their logo, I doubt they could demand people to stop drawing red hearts, or that people would care if they did.

--

darkreaver: Awesome stuff!

Jimi said:

I made some health items: Heart Sphere and Health Bonus. I was thinking the Heart Sphere could have a ring around it too, and probably all the other bonus items would be in this kind of style too.
http://koti.mbnet.fi/jeejeeje/doom/heartsphere_s.jpg
http://koti.mbnet.fi/jeejeeje/doom/healthbonus_s.jpg

They kind of remind me of the heart containers in the Zelda games.

darkreaver said:

Excellent shots, darkreaver.

@Jimi Just a little idea: things like the Soulsphere are supposed to be demonic artifacts, right? What about a megahealth with a beating heart dripping blood in it? It'd look awesome, plus it pokes fun at conventional powerups.

Don't know if I'm still going for just a Doom model pack.. so they don't need to be demonic.. But for Berserk powerup I thought something like what you just described. I thought it would have some teeth/jaws biting at stuff, and blood dripping/drooling from them, and if I'll have those ring things around the translucent areas, the ring in it could be a bit like a circular saw blade.

Hey, everyone! Still on PL2, MAP16, but I did beat MAP31 and MAP32, by the way, thanks Memfis! I hope to beat this by tomorrow.

Working my way slowly through MAP16. I'll update soon.

That face thingy in the first shot is sick. Very cool!

I'm not a big fan of the status bar though. It's kind of busy and the borders are too big for the numbers. Just looks odd in my opinion.

I'm not sure how to take that.

The color if the heart makes it look like a candy, and those pinkish particles are like little fairies. Judging by the screenshot, the forcefield around the heart is also pinkish. Colors make it look like something made for Warsow/Nexuiz/Xonotic by an emo modeler, heh.

Torches`n Stuff

I like the use of wooden details, but the whole picture looks depressingly dark.

Harmata said:

I like the use of wooden details, but the whole picture looks depressingly dark.

The map is called "Epitome of Darkness" =)

@NaturalTvventy: Eww, that E3 sky does not tile well at all in that 4th shot :P Otherwise things look pretty nice. Hard, too.

Fantastic collection of screenshots in the last couple of pages.

Nt, fantastic as usual. It is a neat trick to make things so unique and interesting, yet still keep it feeling vanilla-ish. Very cool.

And didy, surprise post out of nowhere. Great to see you still mapping.

Mech, FrankFrag, Obsidian, darkreaver, awesome stuff all over.

And my own humble offerings.

Map 17 tnt2.

Harmata said:

Wow, Megahealth is gay.

What? You didn’t recognize Serious Sam?

ducon said:

Suppose that has influenced it as well, and I've been playing it recently. Maybe Abuse has been another source of inspiration too, it has heart shaped health pickups. And maybe the ring things and their octagon shape around the bonuses came from Xenon 2, it also has heart shaped health pickups.

--

KiiiYiiiKiiiA: Like how the planet (or is it sun?) is aligned behind the metal arches.

gemini09: Barbie Doom?

The map is called "Epitome of Darkness" =)

Ohhhhhhh, ehehehe, *nodding in approval*.

Hey man, Megahealth in SS was big and red, bloody red. It screamed "Murder!", this one whispers "Don't hit on me silly players, tee-hee!".

TEE
HEE

Mechadon said:

That face thingy in the first shot is sick. Very cool!
I'm not a big fan of the status bar though. It's kind of busy and the borders are too big for the numbers. Just looks odd in my opinion.

Thanks Mech! I like the status bar meself ;)

Phobus said:

@NaturalTvventy: Eww, that E3 sky does not tile well at all in that 4th shot :P Otherwise things look pretty nice. Hard, too.

Yea I know. Still need a new sky.
It aint that tough. Try it for yourself, let me know how you do:
http://www.doomworld.com/vb/wads-mods/60012-the-ultimate-doom-no-end-in-sight-beta-2-0-release/
I'm kind'a bummed beta 2.0 was a flop!

KiiiYiiiKiiiA said:

Fantastic collection of screenshots in the last couple of pages.
Nt, fantastic as usual. It is a neat trick to make things so unique and interesting, yet still keep it feeling vanilla-ish. Very cool.

Thanks Ky! I'd say my biggest influence is Doom/Doom II IWADs for sure. There is something about their architecture that feels real. Lots of people talk about how abstact and unrealistic it is, but I disagree. It's more layouts that are abstract and not true-to-life.
Your stuff looks like fun :) Release somethin' already! ;)

TheSpazztikOne: The arches kinda look weird. Maybe something simpler would fit better.

--

Well, I made another health item. Made some more spinning animation to it, so they spin around two axises. This was supposed to be just the large normal health item, so the other two may be just temporary.

Mmh.. I just realised, all these health items were rendered completely fullbright.. some parts in them should have been rendered without fullbright...

The middle one looks like a stick of TNT or a folded blanket. What's that red filling?

The right one looks like a gummy candy.

Fuck your models make me hungry, fucking photoreport from the Willy Wonka's factory.

Harmata said:

The middle one looks like a stick of TNT

Haha, that's what I was thinking. HEALING DYNAMITE!

DYNAMITE! Heh... I think I was thinking about that too.

Yea, I made all the red parts in the healing items darker, and overall I tried to make the red parts look like blood. Maybe some more tweaking to the medikits.