Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Why ruin a simple fun idea (map in 30 minutes) with some nonsensical restriction about the number of monsters?

Heh, somehow phml's map reminded me of that truedude's sf map. I adviced to make some sort of arena for last cybers that were placed into unfitting position and it could include those cybs, some obstacles, some damaging floors and maybe additional monsters to add some fun factor... And hey, here you get a completely unrelated map that does exactly that. However, in sf we received instead of scenery similar to this a 200x200 square box with 2 cybs placed straight next to you with one obsctacle placed in the middle of that box and unavoidable 20 damage lava randomly hitting you. I'm starting to think I suck at presenting ideas.

Memfis said:

mem29min.zip [doom2, map01, vanilla I guess] (29 minutes include everything: thing placement, music and texture selection, etc)

...Is this supposed to be beatable in two seconds? I think that's taking "tiny" a bit far.

Memfis said:

Well, that's all I can do in 29 minutes, sorry. :)

Alright then. Either way, it does look really nice for a twenty-nine minute vanilla texture map.

Eris Falling said:

I tried Turbo 255 on Memfis' map to see if I could manage 0:01.
I did, so I tried 0:00. No success.

Nice. Knew someone would be able to cut it down to a second.

Took 33 minutes to design the level, and an additional 10-15 to balance monsters/ammo. It's tough to stay exclusively in the limits when you have a neat idea, but I'm learning to cut out a lot of the unnecessary "fat". Should work with any port. Oh, and music is by pcorf.

Download Black Eye

I believe Kamila would like to take up this offer. She hasn't said but, I'll tell her she did so she has to. I am mainly just curious to see what she can pump out in 30 minutes. Haha

http://www.mediafire.com/?134uo2q7tmuv0pb

Mine took probably about 45 mins to get everything set as far as the basic layout, monsters, and weapons/ammo goes. Then probably an additional 20 mins for balancing, function, and shouting.

This was an interesting experience considering I've never built a map in less than a week let alone a half hour. Not to mention that I probably should have gone to bed about 6 hours ago, so my brain wasn't entirely with me. that being said this is probably going to suck, but at least it works more or less.

If anything, it was a good experience.

EDIT: I shouldd mention that I build all my maps using the skulltag configuation so....you might need to run it in skulltag.

EDIT 2: Or that zandronum thing since i just realised that skulltag's been dead for a while now.