Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
tatsurd-cacocaco

TAS (tools-assisted) demos

odysseyofnoises said:

Sunder map03 uv-speed in 1:08 (lots of new tricks!)

HAHA, the tricks involved here are ridiculous!! In a good way, that is! Watching it, makes this feels like this is SO impossible for a human to do.
Very cool run :)

Does someone have table for SSG shots? ie. RNG number = 200, then you shoot with SSG and the table shows that if every pellet hits, you do total of 235dmg. Or shall I make one?

Is this what you need (you'll get two more redirects, but eventually you'll get there)? I don't think so, but at least it may be helpful...

I thought it was possible to do it this way:
I shoot at tic 320 with the SSG, so I check the RNG @ tic 319, which is 185. Now I go check the potential damage from table/sheet, when the RNG is 185, but I guess it's not possible to do it like that. This kind of information would have been useful, when you aren't sure how many pellets hits the monster/monsters (e.g. map04 built..).

Hahaha, this is so crazy. Requires automap with IDDTx2 to understand what the hell is going on. :) Awesome work!

I worked little with new 4-player full nomo run, but I'll just abandon it. Doesn't really feel like something to spent my time. Anyways, here's the map01

Includes 1-player nomo in 4.43

cs01x397.zip

Exactly what i wanted to try in 1pl map01 few weeks ago but never got around doing it (i would've got 5,high anyway, i suck at building), implementation looks very aggressive and masterful.
And that coop demo... so much action in little over than 100 tics, it's just hilarious :D

Nice! The only idea that occurs to me is that on E1M8, with four players all firing it might be possible to trigger an intercepts overflow and so run straight to the exit room (or its extended sector outside the normal map area).

Looper said:

Doom EP1 4-player UV-Speed

I'm not going to do other episodes.

Awesome!

Noob question: how does one play it back with the point of view of player 2-4?

Fredrik said:

Noob question: how does one play it back with the point of view of player 2-4?

In prboom I know you can bind a key to the 'spy' command, which toggles between different players point of view

Ribbiks said:

In prboom I know you can bind a key to the 'spy' command, which toggles between different players point of view

Ah, F12 it is. Thanks!

Any chance of a split-screen video capture?

(A version of this recorded at 25% speed would be pretty useful too...)

My PRboom+ crashes when the demo ends if I use the -viddump command, removing the compiled video. Only if I end it through esc + arrow up + enter + y, it won't remove the video, but that would require me to be awake.

odysseyofnoises said:

Cyberdreams Ultra-Violence TAS movie in 21:15

play back with cyber110.wad and cyber110.deh

I've been trying to play back this demo lately and it has been desynching on map04... (map11 when I try it on my phone), I tried it with prboom plus 2.5.1.3. Anyone else have problems playing this back now?

I've tried playing it back several ways; by using the -playdemo command with complevel 2 and such, and by just dragging the lmp file onto prboom plus and selecting cyber110.wad and cyber110.deh, I've tried also redownloading all of the files and everything. I should try it with prboom plus 2.5.1.4 I guess

Edit: bawww it doesn't work in 2.5.1.4 either what the heck. I'm probably just missing something fundamental

Hey everyone just wanted to let you know that I still exist, lol, and hopefully will release my speedrun of memorial.wad soon. The doom2 map22 glide is giving me a tough time, so if any has any tips for me now, that would be nice. I have been so busy with school since august 15th...

odysseyofnoises said:

Hey everyone just wanted to let you know that I still exist, lol, and hopefully will release my speedrun of memorial.wad soon. The doom2 map22 glide is giving me a tough time, so if any has any tips for me now, that would be nice. I have been so busy with school since august 15th...

You mean you have problems with a glide exactly like doom2.wad map22? Bruteforce will solve it almost instantly.

Hmmm never even thought of that, I think I might try that this coming weekend... hopefully I still remember how to do it even though I've never actually ever gotten a successful brute force before

Oh, no wonder xdre doesn't open that map :-D

I don't know what to do then, except try it the old fashioned way... OR make the movement in doom2.wad in xdre then just copy paste it to the other lmp, heh. I prefer the former though.

One way I could've done it would be that I have another demo I made for a glide compilation video on YouTube of this glide, so I can just copy the tics from the glide and use this in this demo. But yeah that would still require me to be able to open it with xdre... So Ill have to resort to doing it the regular way... meh

odysseyofnoises said:

But yeah that would still require me to be able to open it with xdre... So Ill have to resort to doing it the regular way... meh

Or hexeditor.