Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tango

Tango TV [BLOODSHEDDER IS THE MAN]

did an interview with kaiser but i have to chop up a few mishaps HEH HEH and then i can post it. alfonzo is still leagues ahead of me as far as interviewing goes though

Ahoy there, avid listeners of TTV (I know you're out there somewhere. Our double digit download counter says so)! Blipping loudly on the TTV radar at this time is the author of smash hit numbers Hexen: Scourge of Viscerus and Coffee Break Episode I...:

Matt "Mista_T" Tropiano!

We're calculating an ETA of this coming weekend, so spin me some questions via PM and we'll see if we can get them asked on the air. That's Matt Tropiano folks. You know you wanna!

st.alfonzo said:

Ahoy there, avid listeners of TTV (I know you're out there somewhere. Our double digit download counter says so)! Blipping loudly on the TTV radar at this time is the author of smash hit numbers Hexen: Scourge of Viscerus and Coffee Break Episode I...:

Matt "Mista_T" Tropiano!

We're calculating an ETA of this coming weekend, so spin me some questions via PM and we'll see if we can get them asked on the air. That's Matt Tropiano folks. You know you wanna!

Awesome. I know little of Mista_T's stuff, or I'd send some questions. Looking forward to hearing the interview.

I believe he is also the guy behind CC3 MAP29 which was historically well received. Can't say any questions spring to mind, but I look forwards to hearing another mapper talk Doom.

Dimensions of Time! :P

I kinda want to ask a DoT-related question, since it was one of the first PWADs I ever played (age aside). Can't particularly think of one though. Nowadays I know him mainly for his PRCP contributions (Gambit, woo!). And also for saving Hacx 2.0's arse by writing that texture-rename tool. ;)

I'm listening to parts of my interview at the moment, and I'm noticing that there are places were it sounds like I'm talking over Tango completely. Did the connection cut out on your end while I was talking (because I didn't hear a bunch of things on my end), or did the recording program kind of stitch things together improperly in some places?

EDIT: It's sounding more like the recording program. I distinctly remember you saying a lot of the stuff that the MP3 makes it sound like I was talking over. Alfonzo, did you also record?

Mista_T said:

I'm listening to parts of my interview at the moment, and I'm noticing that there are places were it sounds like I'm talking over Tango completely. Did the connection cut out on your end while I was talking (because I didn't hear a bunch of things on my end), or did the recording program kind of stitch things together improperly in some places?

ah. yes. forgot to mention that. so two things:

1) with the kaiser interview, i apologize for the poor audio quality; that was completely my fault. i did a poor job calibrating my mic on the new program we tried, so it picked up a lot of unnecessary sound. i tried editing out as much of the shite as i could

2) with the Mista_T interview, as he stated, for some reason my recording program... screwed up. not sure exactly what happened, but when i went to recompress it and patch it up before uploading, what seemingly happened was that some of *my* audio was played back in the audio seconds before i actually said it, so you'll sometimes simultaneously hear me speaking from the future while Mista_T/alfonzo are still talking about the previous question. there was nothing i could do about it... all 3 of our voices were on the same track. every time this happened, in the place where my voice *should* have been, it had been replaced with silence.

tl;dr sometimes my audio plays early, not sure why that happens but i couldn't do much about it. my b

It's in the latter parts, anyway. Still perfectly listenable. Just gets weird-ish near the last half hour (for those that haven't listened to it yet, it's THREE half-hours, by the way).

Magnifique, the interviews are up!

Unfortunately I didn't record the Mista_T interview alongside Tango (for reasons that escape me. My money's on stupidity), so I don't have an "aligned" audio recording. The one we have here sounds okay for the most part, though... even if my voice is a little groggy. Some malicious administrator type stole my phone the day before and I had to hit the sheets hours ahead of schedule in order to get up in time for the show. Aftersleep was clinging to my larynx like moss on a temple.

Anyhoo, cool stuff. A little more work on the outro segments and these could wind up something special!

Gonna download everything right now. Looking forward to listening to these interviews. I doubt anyone will be as bad as me with my stupid laughing tic... Actually, I'm sure they'll all have way cooler perspectives on everything... ever.

This is a wonderful idea! I'll have to give these a listen when I have the time. Maybe I'll even give an interview once I finish this map I'm currently working on.

You should upload these to youtube! I could probably whip up some Doom B-Roll or something if you'd like.

I kinda want to do an interview type thing too. I feel like I'll need to jot down some notes to talk about first though. Send me a PM if you'd like to arrange something

@40oz: I understand Tango is looking into something for the near future, so that will be a tasty treat, indeed! In the meantime, however...:

Brace yourself for a cloudy impact with Doomworld's most cumulonimbus personality: the musically gifted and joyfuly antagonistic mapper mr. esselfortium! We'll be looking to rain on your parade some time following the next week, so keep your ear to the sky and get ready for some questionable (read: god awful) puns!

yeah what he said

can't wait for the interview with SUPERLOUD4. here's a little teaser of his upcoming Metal Gear Solid III TC; can't wait to hear more about the hot new project in our Q/A session with SUPERLOUD4 himself

"You (Solid Snake) are sitting in your apartment, watching TV. It has been a few years since your top-secret mission on Discovery, the US military ship, to snap photos of the new Metal Gear. You get a call on your Cocec (pocket transciever) from Otacon, a hacker who has always given you advice during your missions using the Codec."

Tango said:

yeah what he said

can't wait for the interview with SUPERLOUD4. here's a little teaser of his upcoming Metal Gear Solid III TC; can't wait to hear more about the hot new project in our Q/A session with SUPERLOUD4 himself

"You (Solid Snake) are sitting in your apartment, watching TV. It has been a few years since your top-secret mission on Discovery, the US military ship, to snap photos of the new Metal Gear. You get a call on your Cocec (pocket transciever) from Otacon, a hacker who has always given you advice during your missions using the Codec."

Everyone thought I cancelled that "project" a decade ago when I was twelve years old, but you've seen through my ruse. D:

I've actually caught back up on these at last!

Having listened through all of the feature-length MTrop review I found myself going "Hey, that's my opinion!" so many times... The piano thing, Mini-Level Megawad, big maps being harder to work with, decent project leadership and guidelines making for better community projects... I almost think (if I get an interview) I'll have to make up new opinions just to make for an interesting read :P Kind of weird when Tango and MTrop are talking over eachother due to the way the recording worked out.

Kaiser's interview was very programming and games industry oriented, which kind of surprised me given his wealth of mapping experience and history, but made for an interesting story for somebody who isn't too far off following that path through life.

I'd totally post in some questions for esselfortium, but having spoken to him using IM I kind of already know everything I'd have thought to ask for this sort of thing :\

Hark, Tangolites! The superloud interview you've all been waiting for is fast approaching TangoTV... but with an unfortunate and disheartening lack of questions to accompany it. Oh no!

For every question-packed PM not sent to the inbox of either Tango or myself, therefore, we will have no choice but to begin sabotaging drawsegs everywhere and all the time until your favourite vanilla compatible megawads are left in smouldering ruins. This means you'll definitely be forced to use a limit removing port or something because that's not what you usually do. Right?

Fine, we'll just start killing kittens. We'll find them and kill them, and it will all be your fault.

Stay tuned for an interview with esselfortium, Saturday 19th, 4pm UTC-5 (pending inevitable alteration)!

>> Download << an interview with Michael "esselfortium" Mancuso!

Continuing the longstanding tradition of audio quirks here at TangoTV, this monstrously long episode of your favourite Doomworld talkshow takes place inside a Roman bathhouse! We hope the reverberation isn't too much to bear.

...Some brilliantly insightful moments abound in this interview, focusing predominantly on essel's mapping philosophy, music, the creative drive, technique and development, and with a lesser but still noteworthy discussion on the community at large. If you can set a couple of hours aside, you will be justly rewarded. But then again, why wouldn't you? You've been waiting for this interview for weeks!

PS: We killed over 3,400 kittens.

Another great interview. Funny that I somehow inspired part of one of your BTSX maps. I played your map again when I heard that part of the interview, and I can see it a little. I agree completely that one of the benefits of vanilla/simple mapping is the ability to incorporate dynamic map aspects such as moving parts with relative ease. It is an aspect of mapping that is under-emphasized and rather lost in modern maps, but it gives a map life and creates an important feeling of progression.

RGC was a complete rip of Xaser's map "The Crusher" from E3 of NEIS, just for the record.

Thanks, as always, for doing these.

I was looking forward to the essel-view and I wasn't disappointed! I wish I had bothered to send in some questions, but Tarnsman asked some really great ones. So I guess I don't feel too bad about it :P

Great stuff guys, I hope you can continue doing these because I certainly enjoy listening to them.

That's excellent to hear, guys! Thanks for the thumbs up.

I think there's still plenty of room to improve on interviewing technique and the like. Even though there's ultimately not much of a problem in keeping the topic of conversation trundling along nicely, the bouts of dead air and contemplative filler noises (mostly by yours truly!) can lead to some topics of transition becoming a little abrupt, as either myself or Tango elect to move on to a new line of discussion in order to break the silence. They also mean that sometimes a discussion can be dropped when there was still plenty of opportunity to take things further. This is certainly my biggest problem at the moment.

Of course, if this were all set in an actual studio, face to face, then communication would be infinitely easier. Skype can be the most deceptive of hosts, sometimes!

I don't know what voice I was expecting from essel, but not "kind of like John Carmack" :P

Very good listen, even if it is feature-length!

EDIT: Can't say I noticed the reverberations all that much either - pretty reasonable quality here :)

Since NEIS and BTSX ep 3 might be a few gagillion years away from release, I'd like to sign up for one of these now. I've been giving it some thought and realize there's a lot I can talk about. Drop me a PM if you want to set up a time.

Wish I were paying more attention to the forums as of late. I would have submitted some Essel questions. listening now, great stuff so far.