Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tristan

R.I.P Sir Patrick Moore

RIP Patrick Moore

Why couldn't God have taken John Moore instead? I hate the Max Payne movie. I don't care if he's helming the next Die Hard.

Clonehunter said:

I don't care if he's helming the next Die Hard.

They're making another Die Hard? Chris, I hope he does die. HARD!

Technician said:

They're making another Die Hard? Chris, I hope he does die. HARD!

Dying with morning glory? What an embarrassing way to die. On topic: R.I.P Patrick Moore, you will be missed. Influencing many an astronomer for decades.

Rather than cough and splutter in front of the cameras, Patrick Moore once ate a fly that flew into his mouth on live TV. He did this long before so called "celebrities" entered "reality TV" events and ate bugs. I think that deserves some recognition.

The guy also wore a monocle as a matter of routine. That too has to be applauded.

Enjay said:

Rather than cough and splutter in front of the cameras, Patrick Moore once ate a fly that flew into his mouth on live TV. He did this long before so called "celebrities" entered "reality TV" events and ate bugs. I think that deserves some recognition.

The guy also wore a monocle as a matter of routine. That too has to be applauded.

He could also put up quite a good troll:-

His Wiki page said (according to his autobiography):

[In 1976] Moore announced a once-in-a-lifetime astronomical event that meant that if listeners could jump at that exact moment, 9.47 a.m. they would experience a temporary sensation of weightlessness. The BBC received many telephone calls from listeners alleging they experienced the sensation.

Haha, I remember being dragged to one of his lectures as a kid, I was sat behind a pillar so I couldn't see anything anyway. We have an in-joke about his trousers getting higher, swallowing his tie.