Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BlueFireZ88

Street Fighter X Megaman [Free Official PC Game]

Capcom has just released the new Street Fighter X Megaman on their official Capcom Unity page and it's available to play for PC, free of charge. That's right, FREE.

The premise of SF X MM is that to cap off the Street Fighter 25 Anniversary and start the Megaman 25th Anniversary, Capcom has funded a well made fan game which puts Megaman against 8 classic Street Fighter characters instead of the usual Robot Masters from previous games.

For those who are familiar with SF, the characters function as they do from their original games respectively, and even have Super moves. Once Megaman has beaten them, he gains their abilities (Beating Ryu gets you the Hadoken power, like Megaman X except you don't need full health to use it).

Get it and support the Megaman franchise and remind those greedy bastards at Capcom Japan what video game character made them famous to begin with:

http://www.capcom-unity.com/mega_man

Official Trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61-OMrOxyso

Pretty neat.

Not to say that any Street Fighter game is supposed to be taken seriously, but Street Fighter X Tekken was silly enough for my tastes and these "X vs Y" fighting games just get more and more absurd. Those Marvel vs Capcom games are incomprehensible, and Mortal Kombat vs DC took away Mortal Kombat's defining feature. I preferred the simpler times of the early 90's, before the "more crazy moves and crazy stuff means better fighting game" philosophy took over.

Still, it's free. So who am I to complain?

True, but it's not a "X" game in the way that Capcom's been using it as it's more of a new Megaman game than anything.

And believe me, the Megaman franchise really needs to be supported right now as Capcom of Japan's been treating their blue boy like crap the last couple of years (especially in regards to Megaman Legends 3).

I definitely want to check this out, but the Capcom site isn't loading right now.

As for Mega Man, there's worse games to go out on than MM10, and I'm just glad Capcom was ballsy enough to go back to the roots before pulling the plug on the series. I would've hated to see the franchise go out on one of those Starforce games or whatever. (Oh wait there's that lousy new iOS game tarnishing the name. Nevermind.)

Dragonsbrethren said:

I definitely want to check this out, but the Capcom site isn't loading right now.

It didn't load for me either. Got it from some other site.

Wish it had Megaman 2's password system (or any way of saving, really), but either way it's very well made.

Keep dying to Ryu, though. Should probably use a certain weapon to beat him, but I've never been good at figuring that out in Megaman games :P

(empty) said:

Wish it had Megaman 2's password system (or any way of saving, really), but either way it's very well made.

Keep dying to Ryu, though. Should probably use a certain weapon to beat him, but I've never been good at figuring that out in Megaman games :P

Yeah, the lack of saving is annoying. I usually pick up Mega Man games, play a level or two, stop and come back to it later. To do that with this game I have to leave it running in the background. Anyone know if there's a way to change your resolution? Runs at about half my screen size.

As for the bosses, it has the charge shot so special weapons are pretty much for show, since fully charged shots take the bosses down just as quickly. Your special weapons are also refilled on death so there's absolutely no penalty to abusing them in the levels (they don't seem very abuseable so far, though).

Edit: F4 in the menu to change screen size.

It's not even a Capcom game, it's a ROMhack. It looks OK and all, but don't call it a Capcom game.

And TBH, Capcom is probably only supporting it because of Street Fighter's inclusion.

It's not a ROM hack, either. It's made in Game Maker. I'm not sure why that even matters, though. Capcom decided to release this officially, who cares who made it or what it was made in?

Holy fuck this game has terrible performance. I'm getting somewhere around 5-20 fps all the time. Being a platformer, and especially one with boss patterns, playing this is pretty much impossible for me. :( GG Game Maker.

Yeah, I guess that's one reason to care what it's made in. It's been running fine for me, but there's absolutely no reason why something this shouldn't be able to maintain a decent framerate.

How does a non-fighting game such as Megaman mix with Street Fighter? The Street Fighter universe pitted against the Dragon Ball universe would make more sense than that.

BlueFireZ88 said:

Capcom has just released the new Street Fighter X Megaman

SO, they have time for this and not Legends 3?

I still hate you, CAPCOM.

Csonicgo said:

SO, they have time for this and not Legends 3?

I still hate you, CAPCOM.

Releasing does not equal making. They just took some guy's fan project, made a website for it and called it a day.