Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Chex Warrior: I listened to this song, heard "kuchitsu" at 1:31 and liked how it sounded. It's not a proper word, just a combination of syllables.

j4rio: fun aggressive demos, some nice boxing matches with revenants there. :)

It was supposed to be a spaceship (you board it and fly home or wherever you want), I wasn't sure how to make it so I just copied efd.wad... I guess I failed? :)

really nice map set, memfis. edit: reminds me of requiem, the brown stone texture scheme used in many maps of that wad, a night sky and the music, from map 3 iirc.

@ j4rio: that boxing match with the revenant on map 3 around the column was hilarious ;)

Awesome map set. I like the nice green and blue theme of the maps, and how it feels like I am playing a cool wad out of 1995/96. Here are my FDAs (and one SDA, since I lost the original recording for map 4).

Maps 1, 4, and 6 were the most brutal to me, but all in all it was a lot of fun.

Since it was for doom2, not doom1, I could actually play it.

1)
Whoa, hold on... a green key??? *head assplodes*
Took me forever to find it due to having no sense of direction though so my time was an amazing 7:59. Cool midi.

2)
4:53, I didn't even die once! Cool scenery.

3)
Ok, I ran into a new type of creature, this horned guy that shoots green fireballs. He isn't even remotely fair! I shot him like three times and he was still not dead! I died when a shotgunner shot me with his feet, yes only his feet were visible and he shot me with them: idclev04

4)
A horned guy AND a skull guy at the same time??? You are one sadistic bastard. I think I found a glitch though... one of them hit the other one, and they started fighting EACHOTHER instead of me, ha ha ha! Well I'll take any help I can get because there's no way I'd pass that part any other way.

5)
utter mayhem. When I saw the virtual bank in this first person shooter I knew right away it was an attempt to mind control players to go on mass shootings there, so I quickly idcleved to map 6.

6)
I was killed by a shotgunner when trying to get the ssg. I said "cock marshmellows" then quit.

Memfis, beautiful maps there :)

FDAs
Got really agressive on 2nd map because it was my second attempt, on my first on I played the first 15 seconds of it and had to go for lunch :P
And lucky pain chance on 6th map :D

This was a nice collection of maps, I especially liked the cute details in the doom town. I cheated and played continuously (but without saves), it probably made it harder though as I tended to end most maps with hardly any health for the next one.

Jolly good stuff

I like what I've played so far, although it's very light on health on HMP considering the number of hitscanner traps present. Had to do a pistol start on MAP02, because there was no way I was gonna get anywhere with only 11% health and no armor, barring perfect play.

Also managed to get outside of the map in MAP02 by climbing a wall not far from where the exit for the green key path is, although I think ZDoom might be to blame there (IIRC I had to use a barrel as a stepping stone to accomplish this without any jumping, and I'm pretty sure the whole "infinitely tall actors" thing would have otherwise prevented that). Fortunately I'd already killed everything and was just kinda searching for every last health potion at that point, but still, that'd make it quite easy to clear the map exceedingly quickly (since you can then just run around the map in the water surrounding it, and reach the exit boat from the back side).

Also, green keys. I love the idea of green keys.

Oh, there are no difficulty settings (I really don't feel like working on them, I always play on UV anyway) so the only way to make the maps easier is to choose "I'm too young to die". (then you'll get double ammo and half normal damage)

Shadow Hog said:

Had to do a pistol start on MAP02

Yep, that's what you're supposed to do. :) I'm not interested in balancing maps for continuous play. Or you could do something like typing IDDQD twice to restore health at the start of each map.

I don't mind if people break the maps in ZDoom, I break other's maps in classic ports all the time. :) (many mappers don't know about keygrabs, pressing switches from below, glides, etc)

p.s. Thanks to The Ultimate DooMer for green keys.