Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Obsidian

Something wrong with Realm667.

Quasar said:

Too busy shutting down sites that legally comply with DMCA even when not legally required to do so on account of not being incorporated within the US, and then redirecting their domain names to ICE logos to scare up the little people into obeying their masters.

Ah, well, I guess tough luck then.

Tormentor667 said:

Depending, I managed to remove the injected code but I am not sure yet where the security hole is... so if you are a good programmer or hacker, feel free to let us know :)

No you haven't, or it's back again. It was picked up by antivirus attempting to visit your page.

You are running phpbb, so you can bet that's where the security hole is. Are you running the latest version? Are your permissions set properly? You may want to consider different forum software.

PRIMEVAL said:

Any progress with this?

The last thing I know is that Tormentor hasn't completely got rid of the problem and was (probably still is) in need for some assistance from more experienced individuals to help with the issue.

Site is still down it seems.

The front page is still accessible. As for the forums, I don't know. I visited it yesterday and my anti-virus software reported an unidentified/unknown file being downloaded into my machine from the site. Since then, I refrained from going there.

Does disabling javascript alone is enough, or do I need to do this as well...?

Gez said:

So adding zeroaction.nl to your .host file as 127.0.0.1 might be a good idea to make sure this hack is thwarted on your PC.

And if so, could you run it down as a step-by-step? Because I haven't got a clue on how to do this (I'm referring to the quoted bit above, not the javascript one).

Disabling JavaScript alone should be sufficient.

The hosts file is, on Windows systems, C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\etc\.hosts.

Gez said:

The hosts file is, on Windows systems, C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\etc\hosts

Minus the period before hosts...

Gez said:

Disabling JavaScript alone should be sufficient.

Thanks. Now, I just hope this isn't going to be the permanent solution for this.

The top of the page (right below the Chrome address bar) seems to show some Chinese characters now:

Maybe that's the iframe caused by the hack?

Why do you go there with JS enabled?! Don't! And there'll be no iframe!

I went there before I read this info. And I hope you're not genuinely bothered, but sorry in any case :-/

Are you being genuinely alarmed (me being a fool who just infected his device, me doing something that makes it difficult for you to fix the site) or sarcastic (I should have known the obvious)?

So...what's going on with the website now? Nothing's working. I hope it's a revamp and not a closure.

It's the end of days. Fixing the site is pointless since the world will explode in less than a week.

Seriously though, the last news were that a professional was working on fixing the security holes. The message board was also apparently being upgraded.

I'm not aware of anything else.

Gez said:

It's the end of days.

I'm inclined to believe that. I've just visited the front page and all there was an inverted cross with "No rest of the living..." phrase at the bottom.

Plugging security holes AND upgrading the message boards probably requires the site to be taken offline, apart from that placeholder image.

Mancubus II said:

You may want to consider different forum software.

What would you suggest? And beyond, how to migrate the old posts and users?

Manc uses SMF.

It still uses PHP, though, which I think is ultimately the source of most security holes.

Blue Shadow said:

I'm inclined to believe that. I've just visited the front page and all there was an inverted cross with "No rest of the living..." phrase at the bottom.

Granted, it's kinda cool looking.

Tormentor667 said:

What would you suggest? And beyond, how to migrate the old posts and users?

Some commercial and free forum software:
https://www.vbulletin.com/
http://www.simplemachines.org/
http://www.aspplayground.net/
http://www.proboards.com/
http://www.mybb.com/

MyBB has a handy tool to migrate from other forum software.

This site has some helpful hints, reviews and comparisons:
http://www.forum-software.org/

I'm getting the attack site message too. It looks similar to the message I get when I insert some of the new Bestiary creatures into my own maps.

WOAH!

Are you sure you want to add that?

<Pallette_swapped_monster_used_as_a_boss> may be risky to fight.

Why are you seeing this message?

This monster reportedly blasts five hundred fireballs out in all directions, has numerous other devastating attacks and sustains more damage than every monster in Doom 2 combined.

< Back to the drawing board Use monster anyway >

Nevertheless, the Bestiary is awesome and I hope this is resolved soon :)

What's going on now over there? Does anybody have some information? I only get to see a picture of a tomb stone that says "No rest for the living"

Yea I knew it got hacked, but the site was still running and then a few days ago the website was shut down, so I thought they had been hacked again

Memfis said:

What if Tormentor himself "hacked" it so that he could boost his ego by reading threads like this one? JK.

You must be the greatest idiot possible on this planet :D

Anyway, we are back online!

Tormentor667 said:

You must be the greatest idiot possible on this planet :D

yay welcome back! :D

Tormentor667 said:

Welcome back! I'm leaving a page open to see how high the snow gets.