Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dsm

Anyone tried Macdoom?

Years ago I tried a funny three-level wad called Macdoom (I wonder if it was done by MACVILE_WHORE :-P).
No new enemies, textures, weapons or any other new graphics, but it had some hilarious new sounds (ex: former humans would yell "I'LL BLAST YOUR HEAD OFF FOR THIS!" when they saw you and "d'oh!" when killed, rofl).
Unfortunately I lost it :-(

I was wondering if anybody know about it and could point me somewhere where I could download it (if it still exists).

I'm actually fairly sure that was done by Macvilewhore. I think it also is/used to be availiable on Elbryan's server. If all else fails, browse in-span.

I know "I'll blast your head off for this!" was one of the zombie die sounds for Looney Tunes TC, and "D'oh!" was the player injury sound for both Simpsons TCs, but I'm still looking for the one that goes "BLOW YOUR BUTT TO KINGDOM COME!!!!" and "(concurrent musical note) OOOOO THAT'S GOTTA HURT!!!!!!!"

There's a few sound wads on the id ftp site with some excellent Army Of Darkness wavs, funny as hell...

One of the very first doom wads i played (a long time ago) was called Macdoom.

I don't remember much about sounds, except that the imps said "Meow"

Weedster said:

I know "I'll blast your head off for this!" was one of the zombie die sounds for Looney Tunes TC, and "D'oh!" was the player injury sound for both Simpsons TCs, but I'm still looking for the one that goes "BLOW YOUR BUTT TO KINGDOM COME!!!!" and "(concurrent musical note) OOOOO THAT'S GOTTA HURT!!!!!!!"

Where can I get the other Simpsons TC? The one I have is Hell in Springfield.

Lament said:

One of the very first doom wads i played (a long time ago) was called Macdoom.

I don't remember much about sounds, except that the imps said "Meow"

Yep, that was their "growling" sound - they said "'eey, what's happenin' maan?" or something like that when they saw the player.
Heh, there was another wad with "funny" sounds (except that most of the sounds were more ridiculous than funny) where the demons ran up to you and said "ow, ouw, ow!" when biting, lol.

If all else fails, browse in-span.

Uhh, in-span?

Doom II Guy said:

Where can I get the other Simpsons TC? The one I have is Hell in Springfield.

Well, the TCs I'm talking about only modify the sprites and sounds.

Bah! It's (Macdoom) not there.

Hell in Springfield? Is that the Ultimate Doom version of Simpsons Doom? I only heard about Doom2 one and it I think some of the sprites sucked, especially the Krusty one. The sounds also need to be fixed in because they run for too long which makes the game sound funny.